Chapter 1

This is my first story so please give me feedback!! Much love and thanks for reading!

*************************************

I hid Maria in the cabinet in our bathroom. I can't let my dad get to her. He came home drunk, again.

"Maria listen to me. Stay in here okay?" I told her while trying to shove her in the tiny cabinet. She starting crying. Maria always cries when my dad comes home like this. She knows what happens to us. Usually I hide her. I can't hide myself though. I just face my dad for the both of us.

"No Alex please don't go. He's going to hurt you again." She looked at the bruises on my arms. Dad came home like this three days ago. "Where's Victor? Tell him to go with you please." She begs.

"Okay Maria. I'll get Victor from his room. But you stay here okay?" I demand. She nods and closes the cabinet. I do as Maria asks and look for my big brother in his room. We lived in a three bedroom apartment. I share my room with Maria, Victor gets his own and mom and dad share.

"Victor! Dad's home. He's drunk." I say standing in his doorway. He quickly shoots up dropping his sketchbook on the bed.

"Did you hide Maria?" He asks me. Both of us are really protective over her, she's only 7 years old. Victor is the oldest and he's 19. And I the middle child am 14.

"Of course I did Victor. I know the drill." I say to him. He nods and walks next to me holding my shoulder.

"Kids! Where's that bitch? Where's your mother?" I hear a disgusting voice yelling. His words are slurred. I feel Victor tense at the word bitch. He runs towards our dad. Victor pushes my dad up against the living room wall.

"Don't you EVER call my mother a bitch. You hear me? Disgusting piece of shit!" Dad tries pushing Victor back but he's to strong.

"Victor stop!" A voice yells. It's my moms voice. She walks out of the kitchen with her long dark hair in a side braid. Victor and I were lucky enough to inherit her hair and big dark eyes. Maria not so much. She got my dad's dark blonde hair and blue eyes. My mom runs towards Victor and pries him off my dad. Victor balls his fists until his knuckles turn white.

"Why do you defend this piece of shit mother?" Victor asks calming himself down. Before I realize what is going on my mom's hand collides with Victor's cheek. I gasp and quickly run towards Victor. Mom has never hit us. She was always so loving and caring. Victor and I walk to my room without saying a word.

"Sweetie come back. I-I'm sorry." I hear my mom say. Victor doesn't even turn around. Neither do I.