The Playhouse

The Playhouse

Chapter 1

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Everyone shouted to Jamie who turned 8 years old today! He was getting lots of different and amazing presents but he was waiting to get the one thing he was hoping for, a playhouse, for him and his big sister Ellie, he sat anxiously waiting for his biggest present from his mum and dad, "happy birthday Jamie we know you've always wanted one" Jamie's mum said to him as Jamie sat there with the biggest smile on his face. "Come on it's out side" Ellie told him and grabbed his wrist and yanked him off the couch and out the living room door. "Your gonna love it, I picked it for you" Ellie whispered into Jamie ear. Ellie leaded him out the back door into the garden, with all his friends and family were right behind them. Jamie's face lit up like a Christmas tree when he laid eyes on the beautiful wooden playhouse with two floors and a window on each side of the door. It sat there under the huge oak tree. "ITS AMAZING!" Jamie screamed and dragged Ellie towards it."I thought you'd love it" Ellie told him. "Thank you so much!" Jamie said and hugged his big sister." Well what are you waiting for? Go in and see it" Ellie said and pushed his back a little towards the wooden door. By this time all his family had started to go into the house and leave Jamie and Ellie outside. Jamie turned the knob of the door, it made a quiet screeching sound, Jamie stepped in and there was a creek at the floorboard. It had a red two seated couch with a little wooden table in the corner. Jamie jamp onto the couch, Ellie sat down next to him and Jamie leaped up and started jumping on the couch while laughing his head off until Ellie through a pillow at him and he fell off the couch but landed behind it."What's that?" Jamie asked starting at a small brown and old looking treasure chest." What's what" Ellie asked him walking around to were Jamie was lying. "That" Jamie kneeled up pointing at the chest. "Let's check" Ellie kneeled beside Jamie and pulled up the buckle and lifted up the lid. There was a small clown doll that had beady eyes and lost one shoe but apart from that it looked brand new, on the lid of the inside it had carving that said 'never mistreat me.' "What does that say?" Jamie asked pointing to the carving on the chest. "It says never mistreat me." Ellie said looking a little nervous, she was very smart for a 11 year old girl."What's this?" Jamie said lifting up the small doll. "It looks like a doll" Ellie said turning her had at an angle to get a better view of the small clown that Jamie had grasped quite hard."Can we play with it?"Jamie asked looking at the small object in his hands.Ellie opened her mouth about to say something but closed it when their mum shouted "Come here Jamie and say bye to your auntie Jane." Ellie grabbed he doll out of Jamie's hands and through it rather hand into the chest and slammed the lid down."Were coming"Ellie said shouting as she grabbed her little brothers hand and ran out of the playhouse and turned the key in the lock and ran into the house.

"Bye aunt Jane" Jamie said as he hugged his aunt goodbye. "See you later birthday boy" she said smiling as she waved exiting the door."Thank you" he shouted running into the living room trying to find Ellie who was talking to her gran."Ellie? Ellie? Where are you, Ellie?" Jamie screamed right before his eyes landed on the brown haired girl."I'm over here" Ellie shouted waving her hands up in the air at Jamie. Ellie stood up and walked over to meet him half way. " Yeah, what's up?"Ellie asked him. "Can we go back to the playhouse and play with the doll." He asked."Emm.. I'm not sure if that's a good idea, the clown doll kinda freaked me out a bit."Ellie said a little nervous thinking of the clown. " Aww, is little Ellie scared?" Jamie said in a little baby voice." NO! I'm older than you!" Ellie said a little angry.

" Then why can't we go back?" Jamie said knowing she was nervous." Cause I dot think it's a good idea, you'll probably get scared and won't sleep for days." Ellie said standing proud so she wouldn't sound as scared. "Scared? ,Scared? Why would I be scared? Your the one that's terrified of clowns Ellie! I want to go back, your just a scaredy cat" Jamie said crossing his arms and starting to walk away. "Wait.. I'm not scared, and just to prove to you I'm not, let's go back!" Ellie shouted at Jamie. " YAY!! Let's go!" He said and grabbed Ellie's wrist.

Jamie pulled Ellie's wrist until the got to the door of the playhouse and let go then turned the key I the keyhole and hear the familiar screeching sound and open the front door.When they saw something they wished they hadn't...