"I'll go check," Flick said and hurried to the back of the drop ship. She kneeled and felt around the back of the ship. "Jack pot." Flick looked down at the loose panel and grinned.

Flick raced around the side of the ship again and grabbed Bellamy's arm gently. "Bellamy, you were right. There's a loose panel on the back. If I can pop it, we can get in through the floor," Flick said in a rush.

Bellamy sighed in relief and Octavia muttered an apology. Flick went back to the rear of the drop ship and started prying the panel out of place. After moments of working, the drop ship doors creaked open. Rising to her feet, Flick jogged to the front to see Bellamy enter the drop ship. No. God no.

Octavia kneeled next to Jasper and untied him, Flick hurrying to help. When he was untied, Jasper quickly went behind the drop ship. They got the panel off and crawled in. It's a mess of wires. Fan-fucking-tastic.

"Very cool," Flick mumbled, looking around.

Jasper shook his head impatiently. "Stop thinking like a mechanic and find me something to shoot through," Jasper snapped.

"Well, this mechanic is gonna hot wire the door," Flick smirked and crawled over to the wires.

Jaspe followed her in and pointed up. "There's the hatch."

Flick heard Bellamy and Murphy talking upstairs. "Locks from above. Forget it," she said, looking at the many wires. "I give you an order, you follow it, right?"

Jasper smacked his forehead. "Damn it. He's up there because of me."

"Help me find the door circuit," Flick whispered and Jasper sighed quietly.

"We lost Clarke. We can't lose Bellamy too," Jasper said.

Flick sighed in exasperation. "Jasper, shut up. They are, like, right above your head," she whisper-yelled at him.

Jasper smirked. "Good. I'll have to shoot through the floor. I just need to figure out where Murphy is."

"Bad idea," Flick pointed to the fuel tanks above them. "Holy crap. There's tons of it."

"The engines fired late on the way down. We can make more bombs," Jasper realized.

"Yeah. Put that on our to-do list. But from now on, no shooting, you got me?" Flick said.

There was gun shots above and Jasper faced her. "Get that door open."

Then he was off running outside. Flick looked for the right wires, squinting at the tiny labels. Why is this so hard for me? Jasper came back with Octavia, but they stayed outside to give her space to work. "We need to do this now," Jasper said the obvious.

"I'm working as fast as I can. The wires for the door are mixed in with the ignition system. Sparking the wrong one would be bad," Flick said, not even looking up.

Flick heard their footsteps fade away, probably to wait by the door.

She pulled a wire and she yelped when the shock rang through her fingertips. Murphy said something.

"No!" Flick heard Murphy pull the trigger, before a white-hot pain spread throughout her lower back. She gasped in shock and quickly connected the two wires. Flick breathed heavily from her spot on the ground, her ears were ringing.

At least Bellamy is safe.

An explosion rocked the drop ship, and Flick winced as the pain in her back got worse. She dragged herself out of the opening and leaned against the wall. "Oh fuck," she whimpered, seeing the blood flow passed her pale hands. Flick struggled to her feet and pressed her hand harder against her wound.

Flick used her other hand to hold her up against the drop ship. "Help me," she gasp out, nearing the crowd of delinquents. Bellamy noticed her first.

"Flick! Flick!" Bellamy sprinted to her, scooping her up into his arms.

Jasper hurried over. "Murphy shot her." Jasper's eyes widened in realization.

Clarke gasped and nodded to the drop ship's ramp. "Get her into the drop ship."

Flick cried out in pain when Bellamy started walking. He quickly stopped and looked at the crying girl in his arms. He looked to Clarke before sighing. "Clarke, leaving here is a mistake."

Clarke said something, but Flick couldn't focus on anything except the ringing in her ears. Bellamy sighed again and carried her into the drop ship. Flick couldn't stop crying, the sound haunting to Bellamy.

"Bell, it hurts," she whimpered. Flick felt so weak, but weakness wasn't something to be hide.

┈┈┈┈․° ☣︎ °․┈┈┈┈

published date: 4-12-2021
edited date: 11-22-2021