When Bellamy rounded the hill, he was in no way surprised to see Flick lounging on the ground. "What the hell are you doing, Flick?"

"Relaxing. What does it look like, moron? I found the door," Flick said sarcastically, standing up from her spot on the ground. She gently touched her chin and hummed in approval when there was no more blood on her finger. "Well I actually tripped onto it, but I still found it. So therefore I win."

Bellamy raised an eyebrow at her. "I wasn't aware that this was a competition."

"It's always a competition," Flick shrugged, stepping aside so Bellamy could open the hatch.

Flick and Bellamy walked down the stairs and into the dark supply depot. Flick made a face when she saw the skeleton sitting propped up against the wall. "Now that's gross."

"Hell of a place to die," Bellamy said, quickly moving past her.

The two began searching the shelves, groaning in annoyance when they found nothing but soiled supplies. "Well I found blankets," Flick said, holding up a bright orange blanket.

Bellamy rolled his eyes in annoyance. "Excited about a couple of blankets? How about a canteen or a med kit or a decent fricking tent? Argh!" Bellamy kicked over a barrel, eyes widening in surprise when a clanging sound came from inside.

To Flick's utter surprise, Bellamy pulled a gun out of the murky water-filled barrel. "This changes everything. No more running from spears. Ready to be a badass, Flick?"

"Please, I've always been a badass," Flick rolled her eyes. Bellamy raised an eyebrow while marking one of the orange blankets with an X. "Excuse me? I rebuilt a scrap pod and flew it down to Earth and survived! I'm a badass."

Bellamy held out a gun and Flick grabbed it. "So I just hold it on my shoulder?" Flick asked, adjusting her position slightly.

"Yeah, just a little higher now, that end. Yeah," Bellamy fixed her stance. "Uh, that's good. Uh, watch and learn."

Bellamy picked up another rifle and lines up with the blanket before pulling the trigger. Flick braced herself for the noise of the gun firing, but nothing came. She snorted loudly and quickly covered her mouth with her free hand. "Sorry, continue."

"My bullets are duds, try yours."

Flick nodded and lined herself up with their makeshift target before pulling the trigger. To her surprise, a bullet came out with a bang, landing a few inches above the X. "Bam! I'm a badass! Told you!" Flick cheered.

"Try again," Bellamy smirked, leaning against the wall.

Flick shook her head and set the gun down on the table. "Clarke would kill us if we wasted all of the ammunition."

"You need to practice," Bellamy said.

"No. We need to talk about how we're gonna keep guns around camp, where are we gonna keep them, and who has access. You left Miller in charge of the Grounder. You must trust him," Flick said, turning to look at him.

"Clarke should keep him close. The others listen to him," Bellamy shrugged.

"Clarke should keep him close? Bellamy, what's going on? You've been acting weird all day," Flick said, realization washing over her in waves. "All the rations you took. You're gonna run. That's why you agreed to come with me. You were gonna load up on supplies and just disappear."

"I don't have a choice. The Ark will be here soon," Bellamy insisted.

"So you're just gonna leave Octavia?" Flick asked after a moment.

"Octavia hates me. She'll be fine. You don't know I shot the Chancellor. They're gonna kill me, Veah. Best-case scenario, they lock me up with the Grounder for the rest of my life, and there's no way in hell I'm giving Jaha the satisfaction. Keep practicing. I need some air," Bellamy sighed and walked out of the depot.

Frowning, Flick set the gun down and popped some of the ration berries into her mouth. Due to her allergy, she avoided the nuts and instead only ate the berries. She heard a clatter behind her, turning around to see a figure holding a gun. Flick shrieked and tried to run, but the person grabbed her hair, pulling her back. A bang from a gun went off and she screamed in pain. They shoved the rations into her mouth, handful after handful. Flick forcefully swallowed, having no other choice. A choked sob escaped her lips as her throat began to swell.

"Felicity!"

She forced her eyes open and turned towards the familiar voice. "Mom?"

"Is it how you imagined?" Hope Callaway kneeled in front of her daughter. She laughed softly at Flick's confusion. "Earth. Isn't it spectacular?"

Flick breathed in sharply. "You're not real. You were floated years ago."

Hope Callaway smiled gently, brushing Flick's hair out of her face. "You're so brave. Never give up on yourself and what needs to be done."

Flick's vision blurred slightly, and when it finally refocused she was alone. Hope Callaway was gone for good this time. She didn't know how long she laid on the floor in the supply depot. It felt like hours, but it could've been minutes.

"Flick!" Bellamy yelled, kneeling beside her. Her face was tinged red, and there was white splotches on her neck, face, and arms. Her shoulder was bleeding from a gunshot wound. Looking beside her, he noticed the empty rations pack and his eyes widened. "Dammit! We need to get you back to camp."

Flick didn't feel herself nod, but she did. Bellamy quickly loaded all of the guns up and slung the bag over his back. He gently picked up Flick and carried her back to camp. "Keep your eyes open, Flick. Look at all the flowers, look at anything." Flick noticed his voice began to sound more panicked.

"I'm so tired."

"No Flick, don't say that shit, stay with me."

The two arrived at camp only to be caught in the middle of chaos. The grounder was gone.

Bellamy quickly passed Flick off to Miller and explained the situation. "Get her to Clarke, quickly."

Miller laid her down on the table inside the drop ship before joining Bellamy outside once again. Clarke found an epipen and dealt with her allergic reaction first. Clarke looked at Flick's shoulder and sighed in relief. "Good news, the bullet went straight through."

"Damn, it would've been one hell of a souvenir," Flick said, grimacing at the pain in her shoulder.

Clarke half smiled at her and picked up the knife she left on the fire. She disinfected the wound before looking at Flick. "This is gonna hurt."

"Bring it on."

Flick let out a painful cry as Clarke burned her wound closed. She breathed heavily for a few seconds before Clarke did the same of the back side.

Clarke smiled sympathetically at Flick before leaving her to rest.

┈┈┈┈․° ☣︎ °․┈┈┈┈

published date: 3-29-2021
edited date: 11-22-2021