Eternally Damned

Late August

Dawn

Eternal souls are very rampant. As that is for the pain I feel when I look at him. I know who he is. I know where he's been. But he has no clue... All I want is the chance to be there. To hold him. To call him mine forever. Oh, how I envied all the others. They could have just that time to enjoy with the one they love most deeply.

I envied and envied but I already knew it would never be true. I'd just continue spending my time watching him through his window. Watching him sleep within his sheets. Lying on his bed as he stirs in his sleep. I just lean back against the tree I was in and let my wings flow on either side of me.

They shined in the moonlight. The moon glistened off their black feathers. My skin had that same olive tone to it as it did when the sun shined on it. My long black hair flowed over my eyes as I gazed up at the crescent moon and was amazed yet again by the beauty of it. I let my green eyes glisten into the light of the moon.

Chapter 1: First Sightings

Mason

I stirred in my sleep. Reaching out after a girl who I could never fully see. All I seen was her eyes. Green like cat eyes. Though, they weren't your usual green. They were like a blazing green. So bright that it just seemed impossible to have. In my dream, she was always running. I never knew where but she tugged my hand, and would tell me to hurry. I heard the shakiness in her voice but I never fought against her. Just the touch from her sent a shiver of cold heat throughout my body. I never knew what we was running from but I always followed.

We run until we got to the defying cliffs of Maryland that plunged down to the crashing waves of the Atlantic Ocean. The rocks were sharp jagged edges that frightened me because I wouldn't lie that I was afraid of heights. I pushed my black hair back from the increasingly intense wind storm that was around the edges of the cliff, and looked up into the sky where sat a crescent moon. I looked down at her small definite shape. Her skin was pale in the light, her hair whipping around in the wind but never revealing her face, as the little black dress she wore that hugged her body until it got to her waist as it flowed out and cut off at her knees. I looked down at her feet and look at her feet where she was wearing black beaten up old converse.

“Do you trust me?” she asked but never fully looking at me. I watched her with curiosity as she barely looked up and that's when I got the amazing glimpse of those eyes. Her eyes. The one's that seem to catch me and hold me to her. I looked down at our still entwined fingers and noticed our skin matched perfectly. I realized that she was waiting on my answer when I looked back up to see her staring at me with fear in her eyes and a look of hoping I trusted her. All I could do was nod and she pulled us forward, over the cliffs edge and we leapt over the edge to our deaths, to my awaking.

***********************************

I awoke five minutes before my alarm went off. I touched every part of my body to make sure I was still alive still breathing. I was fine. Thank god. I pulled the sheets away from myself to check my body for marks or bruising. Though, I didn't see any. Everything was still in tact and I was still in my boxers and black tank. All seemed fine. I looked around in my bedroom. It was still dark. I reached over to turn on my desk lap when I noticed, after I turned on my light, there was a black feather on the table. I picked it up and examined it thoroughly. Where had it come from? The feather was soft to the touch and had sort of a fresh new hair shine to it.

I placed it back onto the table as I sat myself up to get up out of bed. There was a draft in my room that I haven't felt before and I looked around to my window to see it propped open with a stick. What the hell? I was up and prepared then. Standing up off my bed, I took a couple strides to reach into my bottom drawer dresser where inside laid my knife. I picked it up and extended my arm towards the window as I crept over slowly to it.