I had a nightmare about Amy – the girl who disappeared without a trace; the girl who looked at me like she hated me for not saving her.

                I did not know if my nightmare was true. I did not even know if she was really killed. All I knew was that she disappeared.

                But these nightmares made me try to believe that she was murdered.

                Because of what happened that night, I became scared of what I was being intrigued at. I asked myself – Do I really have the guts to investigate? What if he really was a killer? What if he knew that I was suspecting him? If he knew, would I end up being the next in line on his list?

                But I had no proof that he might be the murderer. Or if there really was a murderer. Just like what others said, perhaps the girls disappeared of their own accord.

                However, a month and a half after that, I had a nightmare once again. And that time, I dreamt about Delilah, the last victim. Her face was smeared with blood, and the only way I could recognize her was the large mole beside her left eye and the small stature she possessed. Her hair was tangled and uneven in all places. Unlike Amy, Delilah was not paralyzed. She was crawling. She was crawling towards me, with a knife on her hand. She was about to strike me with it but I grasped her hand and wrestled for the knife. In the end, she won against me and pushed me to the ground while she shouted something that I could not understand. Before anything else, I hit a rock and woke up.

                Delilah had the same eyes of hatred as Amy. And I knew what they were trying to get across. I needed to gather up my courage. I needed to help them in any way I could.

~*~

                I had one friend that I had always been with since childhood. She was True, and her name suited her. She was honest in every way and sweet at people everytime. I had the best of time from only being with her. She was the only friend that I had trusted with all my heart. But I did not tell her about my nightmares. I did not want her to be caught up in my insanity, if I may call it.

                Soon, everything changed when she became linked to Chase. I admitted to her that they were perfect for each other, but thinking that there really was something wrong with him, I told her to find someone else. However, she protected him and ignored me.

                “How can you say something so awful? I know you better than that, Sandra.” True asked while raising a careful brow.

                “I’m sorry, True. But I think he is dangerous. Can’t you see that girls who are linked to him kept disappearing?”

                “That was mere coincidence. It’s not like he wanted them to disappear.”

                “Are you sure? What if. . .” I hesitated for a moment, “What if he is the reason for them to disappear?”

                “Are you seriously going to start such a ridiculous topic?” she continued, “Don’t be like that just because you hate him.”

                “You know that I hate him?”

                “It’s pretty obvious, you know? You’re looking at him with hatred eyes everytime. What is your problem with him anyway? He didn’t do anything to you, did he?”

                “No-nothing,” I stammered. “I just think that you should stay away from him.”

                “So you really just don’t like him. It’s okay, people tend to hate others who are a complete opposite of them.” she said with a playful tone and I knew that she was teasing me.