Prologue-Memories

"ISABELLA COME BACK HERE!" Auntie Mera shouted. She tried to catch me like Mommy always does, but she was too slow. I ran into the dark forest Daddy always told me not to go into.

She was naive.

Mommy and Daddy had left a long time ago, but Mommy said they'd be back before dinner. I became worried as hours passed and a sick feeling took over my tummy. So now I'm running away from Auntie Mera to where I--uh, my wolf, sensed they were. The forest around me was scary, but I focused on Mommy's scent.

As I got closer, my tummy only got worse. I saw red splotches of paint here and there, wondering quickly what they were doing here, before completely losing myself in Mommy's scent. I don't know how long I ran, but getting closer to Mommy pushed away any tummy ache I had.

"Mommy!" I burst through the trees into a large clearing, a wide smile stretched across my face. But what I saw... nothing could ease the pain my chest felt in that moment.

"MOMMY!!" my scream was loud, you could hear the pain and hurt laced into every letter of the word.

Her world fell apart right in front of her.

In front of me, Mommy was laid out in the middle of the clearing, unmoving.

I couldn't hear her soothing breathing patterns. The ones I fell asleep to every night.

Her pretty bright purple hair was thick and wet with what I now knew was blood, not paint. The beautiful hair I always braided for ceremonies.

From what I could see, her body was bruised, I couldn't see much though as blood pooled on and around her. The body who held me tight when I cried, always made me feel better, and held the nicest heart anywhere in the world.

Anger turned my vision red as I turned to see what monster could do this to my mom, but they landed on the other thousands of wolves laying dead on the ground. I hadn't noticed them in my panic, but most of these people were from my pack.

Sara, one of my best friends. Jack and Kim, a child and his single mother who lost her mate in battle; they lived down the street from my home. Kendall, Sara's cousin who was supposed to be visiting this month. M-Mason... the boy I loved who promised me the day of his 16 birthday he'd find I'm his mate and we'd live happily ever after. So many more people, and I knew them all by name.

A growl sounded from my right, and I turned sharply to see Daddy fighting off a rogue, the last of them it seemed. Daddy was covered in blood, most of which is his and Mommy's, when the rogue only had spots on it's white fur while it's teeth were coated in it. The weird thing about the rogue, though, was it's eyes. The irises were a deep blood red, while the white had veins pointing to the middle. It was unheard of that any werewolf had eyes other than standard, and such eyes were not.

As I zoned in, Daddy was struck down by the rogue, not strong or fast enough to fight anymore. At that moment, something inside of me snapped, like a cord already so thin breaking in half and letting all the demons inside of it, out.

She became a fighter.

I yelled a battle cry just as it was going to make the final blow, moving quicker than I should in human form, and tackling it to the ground. In a blinding rage, I ripped the head off the rogue before it could do anything else. It took a few seconds for me to calm down, only going back to normal when my dad coughed.

"Daddy?" I asked, crawling over to him.

He had shifted back to human form and was naked, but all I cared about in that moment was his safety. He had bent over on his knees to cough up blood, but he was weak and only ended up hurting himself more. I crawled over to him slowly, I felt weak all of a sudden, worn-out. "Daddy we need to get you to a doctor, our closest neighboring pack should be-"

"Izzy... There is something I need to tell you." Daddy interrupted.

"And you will, as soon as we get you to a doctor." I pushed. I grabbed at both his arms and pulled, but my 10 year old body was barely able to lift his strong biceps.

"I'm sorry Izzy... but I...will not live...to see another day..." his words became slow, slurring his speach. I could hear his heartbeat start to slow.

"No... NO, DADDY!" My tears landed onto his chest. "Please don't leave me, stay. Live. I love you, Daddy. PLEASE I LOVE YOU!"

She won the battle but lost the war.

"My darling Isabella, you are special. You are the la-"he cut off to cough up more blood"- last of our kind. I'm... sorry I couldn't be there for... you." The light was slowly leaving his brown eyes. "Stay strong, fight...back... But re...remember you are never...alone."

With that last sentence his eyes turned dull, his head grew heavy and his body limp. I don't know how long I stayed there, screaming his name and asking, crying, begging him to wake up and say this was all a joke. That Uncle Rick was playing one of his jokes on me and I can playfully scold him that that wasn't funny, not this time. I was even praying to every goddamned God out there for this to just be a dream.

My screams weren't responded.
My prayers weren't answered.
It wasn't a joke, nor a dream; though it was a nightmarish reality.

And by the time my tears had dried and my throat was burned raw, the moon had risen and fell, the next day had come. Everyone I knew and loved was dead, my Aunt Mera had been working with the enemy (I found that out when she not-so-subtly came rushing in trying to kill me), and my feelings were no longer existent. With nothing left to loose, I grabbed the things I needed and headed into the Magi Woods, where the portal to the human side lied.

She is feared, yet tortured.
She is tough, yet soft.
She is Isabella Ramirez Harper, the one and only Royal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEY GUYS!!! MarreeD here with a WHOLE NEW BOOK! Hope you like it, and if you don't, well, go somewhere else.

Lol, but seriously, I hope you enjoy my new book. I'm gonna go start the next chapter so... Yeah! Comment (both negative and positive), vote (if you want to), and check out my profile. Byyee~!