“They kissed other woman Spencer”.

“Yeah and they didn’t want to. They are embarrassed for what they did and they need us by their side. They have never done anything to make us not trust them and they thought they were protecting us while protecting a whole country. I think they paid enough when they saw us leave and I told you everything I heard Jace saying earlier. I know it’s hard but they weren’t trying to hurt us on purpose Ess and you know that”.

“Maybe I do know that but I just can’t forgive him that easy. I can’t let him think that he can do stuff like this and I am going to say it’s ok just because we’re mates”

“I don’t know how much you’re going to believe me but I know they won’t do this again. I just have this feeling that after the storm, there will always be a rainbow”

“So the storm is over?”

“Ess, I don’t even think the storm has started” I said honestly.

My phone began to ring with ‘Grandma’ appearing across my screen. “Hello?” I answered.

I hadn’t spoken to her since my birthday and she never called on a regular day.

“Spencer. Hello, how are you?”“

Hey grandma. I’m pretty good, how about you?”

“I’m fine. I’m calling to see how you are. Making sure you and Jace are okay and that you’re happy?”

“Um… Jace and I are fine and yes I’m happy”.

“Ok dear. I won’t hold you up too long” she said.

“Oh no don’t worry-… hello?”

“Who was that?”

I removed the phone from my ear and looked at the screen. “It was my grandmother”

“Is something wrong?”

“I don’t know but that conversation was weird. I shouldn’t even call it that since all she did was question me”.

“Your grandmother has always been a little weird to me. And then the stuff we found out about Jinger didn’t help her case” Essence said playing with the ends of her hair.

“Yeah, I always thought that was weird. I still don’t even know everything about it. All I know is, Jinger refuses to go anywhere near her”.

“He rejected her. I mean, I don’t want to know what that feels like”.

“I bet Peter knows” I said sitting back onto the couch and getting back to the main topic.

“Oh really Spencer! Low blow” she said pouting in a joking manner.

“You know what I mean! Just us being here for a whole day and you not speaking to him, he’s hurt. I know we said they deserved it but I came to the realization that we are all mates. We have to learn to get through these things without using the silent treatment”.

Essence stood up and folded her arms across her chest. “You’re right and there is no denying that… but when the hell did you start to be the smart one in our relationship?”

“Hey!” I said kicking her in the butt with my foot. “Are you calling me dumb?”

“No” she said pulling me up from the couch. “I am saying that over the past years, you have changed a ton and it is good change. You aren’t the scared and timid little Spencer that I once knew”.

“I was scared and timid?”

“Maybe I’m being a little sarcastic but you lacked the confidence that you have now. You should be proud of yourself”