Chapter 5 [Nightmares who Return and Created]

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, just... not sure of what's to come..." Eren nodded, not sure if he should trust her words or not.

A moment later...
"We will now begin the 5th expedition beyond the walls!" Erwin shouted as the gates rose up.

Anticipation filled the air, and so did the anxiety.

...

"Onward!"

We all rode out in a formation, a few titans appearing as we pasted buildings.

We soon split all into formation on Erwin's go.

♤oOOoOOo♤

'What's going on...' I furrowed my brows in confusion, why must we go into this forest...

I around as we continued through, "What's..." I clenched my teeth, "Somethings not right..." I whispered.

Everyone else seemed just as on edge, "Captain! Captain Levi!" Eren spoke.

"What?" Levi replied not taking his eyes away from the direction we're going.

"Come on sir, we're in a forest we won't see a titan till it's right on top of us! The centre rank's totally cut off! Somethings coming from the right isn't it? So what are we suppose to do!? Avoid titans or defend the wagons!?" Eren asked him, I look between them worriedly.

"Quit whining and move on from the obvious already. Neither of those is an option anymore."

"Wh-What are you talking about...?"

"Haven't you noticed what's around you, take a look at these big ass trees." He said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. My gaze moved towards the large trees. "Perfect environment for 3DM Gear wouldn't you say? Take my advice Eren, calm down and use your head. The best survival tool is your brain." Levi told the panicked boy.

"Y-Yes, sir!" Eren said.

I looked between everyone, they're all confused... 'So we're all in the dark...'

Not moments later black smoke shot into the air, "Blades drawn now! It'll happen in the blink of an eye, be ready..." We did as told, not soon after a scout shot from behind a tree quickly being swatted like a fly by a large female titan. She chased after us, scouts tried to get her but she continued to kill them then persist on chasing us. I looked back slightly as they panicked, her eyes... as well as hair; seemed... familiar.

"Cover your ears now," Levi said taking out a sort of ... flare gun looking object but it didn't shoot out a flare just a very loud screeching noise which made me wince due to my sensitive hearing.

"Was that an acoustic round?" Eren asked as he recovered from the noise.

"Remind me, what is our mission? Is it to simply act on impulse in the heat of the moment." Levi started looking back to us (also completely ignoring what Eren said). "Well let me tell you; it's not. This squads mission is to keep this brat alive whatever the cost. Don't forget it." He faced forward once again.

"We pushing forward on horseback, is that clear?"

I swallowed, "How long will this last, she'll eventually catch us..." I said.

"(Y/n)'s right, she's right on top of us as it is! If we don't do something soon!-"

I saw Eren's face as more scouts were killed by the giant titan.

"They keep coming! They're all gonna die unless we turn around and do something!"

"Eyes front stop looking behind us!"

"Seriously!?"

"Keep pace with the group! Maintain top speed or you're dead!"

"Please! Help them! If the Levi squad can't stop this thing then who can!? Those men need us!"

"Eren..." I mumbled trying to get his attention but he continued to yelled in panic at the deaths by the female titan.

"Come on there's one left we can save him before it's too late!" He begged.

"Do as you're told Eren! Eyes forward!" Petra yelled.

"How can all of you just ignore what's happening back there!? Are you telling me to abandon my comrades!? Is that it!?"

"Damn it, Yes! Stop whining and do as your captain tells you!" Petra yelled back.

"Why must they die!? If this is part of some bigger picture somebody explain it to me!"

"Ask not the reason why, ask but to do and die! You'd understand what that meant if you're not such a useless greenhorn!(?) Now stifle it and behave like a soldier!"

Eren clenched his teeth angrily, I breathe deeply. 'She isn't close enough... but she is catching up...' 

Eren sheathed his right blade and moved his hand up to his mouth making my eyes widen. "Eren!" I shouted making him freeze.

"You are only permitted to assume titan form when your life's in extreme peril! That was the agreement you swore an oath!" Petra reminded him, Eren then seemed reluctant to do it.

"Eren!" I shouted again seeing as he hadn't even moved his hand from his lips. 

"I wouldn't blame you," Levi said. "Do as your conscious dictates, but Eren, listen. You are not inherently evil, your ability to change doesn't make you a monster. That said it could be the other way around, how are you supposed to know where to draw the line? Whether you lose control or freely give it up, maybe it's the same." He continued, it was as if time slowed down as he spoke.

"Look Eren, we don't agree because our experience brings us to opposing views as life, at the end of the day there's no reason to go against how you see it. The choice is yours... You can trust yourself or can trust the people willing to put their lives on the line for you. I don't know which way is better, I never have. Should I go with my instincts? Or should I put myself in the hands of my comrades and trust them. Either way, there is no guarantee, in the end, you choose what you choose. If afterwards your regrets are at a minimum then good for you."

Eren looked back and then moved his hand to his mouth again. "Eren...!" I yelled from my position. "Trust us Eren, we have your back." He stared at me and went through a daze for a moment then looked to Petra's hand where the light bite mark laid. 

"I'm with you!!" Eren cried, making me smile.

We ran past more trees but as I looked to the side my eyes widened when I saw scouts hiding within them.

"Fire!" Erwin shouted from above. We turned to see bolts shooting towards the female titan; immobilizing her from the ability to move.

'Gods... what have I gotten myself into...' I thought still staring to the giant titan who could've killed us in seconds.

___________

《A/n: Wow... Idk lol

Thanks for the 100+ reads! 💜 Please give me some feedback I appreciate it.

Ciao~!》