Apples ||Apprentice! Will x Reader ||

So sorry for not posting a new chapter recently. I didn't have any ideas until I ate an apple earlier.

~SKYROONY

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You walked around the busy market of Redmont fief, pushing around a cart full of fruits. Your family was one of the most popular fruit dealers in the kingdom. Your father, (f/n) was a knight of the fief that was killed during the war against Morgarath 15 years ago because he had protected Baron Arald from being shot by a poison arrow, at the cost of his own life. Baron Arald was very thankful so he offered your mother and you lodging at the castle so your mother worked as an assistant Courier for Lady Pauline, while you served as an apprentice to Baron Arald, sorting out files, paperwork and doing occasional missions for him. He paid you well but you and your mother decided to put up your own fruit farm. You had a relative that lived nearby. He planted and harvested some of the best fruits in the whole kingdom but he was getting too old to go wandering around the kingdom so your mother had volunteered to help and give him half of the money you earned. He agreed easily so now here you were, wandering around. You were thinking about going back to the castle, after all, it was getting pretty late. When you decided to go back, you heard a person from behind you speak.

"Excuse me, ma'am? Can I buy a few apples?"

You turned around in surprise to see a young boy, about your age. He wore a special cloak which you recognized immediately. After all, you saw the Ranger of the fief, Ranger Halt, frequently. You had a small friendship with the older Ranger and he had told you about his apprentice. You faced the apprentice Ranger and smiled.

"Of course. How many might you need?"

The young Ranger thought for a moment before replying.

"a dozen apples will do, I guess..."

You nod and gather 12 of the ripest apples in your cart and put them in a small woven bag. While you chose, you decided to try talking to the Ranger. How hard can it be?

"So...what's your name?" You ask, glancing up.

The young boy smiled. "Will. You?"

"(y/n) (l/n). Nice to meet you, Will."

HIS POV

I walked around Redmont market, glancing around. Halt had told me to buy some essentials for the Gathering, which would be taking place in a few days time. I glanced down at the list Halt gave me.

Extra Arrow Shafts and feathers. Check!

Dried fruits. Check!

Coffee grounds and beans. I glanced fondly at his shopping basket, imagining a nice cup of coffee. Oh, well. That had to wait. Check!

Apples....I looked around. "Where can I buy apples?" I wondered to myself out loud.

As if answering my question, I spotted a young girl selling fruits nearby. I walked over to her but my breath caught in my throat. The vendor was....there was no other word for it....beautiful. Her (h/c) hair flowed down her back like a river. You wore a (f/c) dress that matched your figure. He approached you from behind.

"Excuse me, ma'am. Can I buy a few apples? " I asked. My hands were already getting sweaty from nervousness.

You turned around, and his eyes widened. You had sparkling (e/c) eyes and a ready smile that made his heart melt.

NORMAL POV

You smiled at Will as you handed him his apples.

"Those would be 3 silvers." You said.

He nodded and handed you the money. Before Will could stop himself, he asked.

"Do you wanna hang out sometime?" His eyes widened at his own daring and he covered his mouth in surprise.

You on the other hand, blushed lightly. "Sure..."

Will instantly brightened. "Alright, I'll see you by the big three over there tomorrow at 6." He pointed at a large oak tree near the end of the village. "Dress up nice. See you!" He smiled cheekily and took his apples and started walking back to his and Halt's cabin. As he disappeared, you heard him.

"YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

You laughed. This new Ranger was interesting...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did you love this chapter? I hope you did! If you really do, why not take a moment to press that little VOTE button on the top of your screen? Also comment if you have any requests for me to write and I'll try to do them as soon as possible. Sorry if it's a bit short. Thanks for reading!

~SKYROONY