The Cloaked Girl

Comincia dall'inizio

"Actually, I don't." Said Smith.

Beast Boy stayed silent.

"I'll tell you what. Tell me your story, an I will tell you mine." Said Smith.

Beast Boy nodded, "I guess so."

He thought for a second before talking again, "It all started on Robins Birthday. We were having a party for him and everyone was preparing for it. Robin had been out on some separate business and left the rest of us alone at the tower. Star was in charge of the presents, since Cyborg wouldn't let nether one of us cook the cake, and I was decorating. Raven wasn't doing anything so I had went to her room to ask her about joining us and that's when I heard her."

"She was reciting a spell from one of her books and well.... I got curious." Beast Boy scratched his head.

"I kinda, sorta, transformed and snuck into her room when I thought she hadn't noticed. I was a fly on her ceiling and I was reading the spell she was reciting. It wasn't like her others where it was only a few words though. This time it was a totally different language. It was like that through the whole thing at least until the very last line." Beast Boy said.

"What was the last line? Do you remember?" asked Smith.

Beast Boy thought for a second, "Hmmmm.......Oh uh....It was something like 'On this day I pledge my life. Take me away to save by light.' .....I think....."

Smith nodded, "Continue."

"Well anyway, it got me worried a bit but knowing Raven, I trusted everything would be ok. So we went through the rest of the day, partied, and laughed. Everything was normal for the most part, but then a few days later, everything changed. Slade showed up from the dead, again, and had this massive attack on the city. He somehow was being controlled or possessed by some weird force."

"It was strange. We became worried that it was a repeat of last time when Ravens father came to take over the world, but it was actually way worse. Creatures the size of states started coming in through these strange portals and before we knew it, everything was being consumed by fire."

"We all thought that that was the end for us, but then I heard Ravens voice. She was chanting a weird language and I got worried. It was like that last sentence I was able to read came flooding back and in a moment, everything made sense."

"Raven knew. She some how knew it all was going to happen and AGAIN she kept it hidden from us. She didn't want us to worry so she planned to give her life for us. And it Hurts! I don't understand why! Why would she do that?! Why would she keep something like that a secret from us?! We could have found another way, so why? Why would she just throw away her life like that?" Beast Boy clutched his head as his voice died at the end with a choking sob.

Smith cleared his throat and patted Beast Boys shoulders, "Sometimes, people do things we don't understand. We do it for our family and our friends. We do it for the people we love and care for. I can't tell you why she would do something like that, but I can tell you she did it for you and the others."

Beast Boy nodded slowly and looked back up at Smith with tear trimmed eyes. "That's why I need to find her. I have to know why and.......I just......I just need to see her again."

Smith nodded his head that he understood.

"Well, a promise is a promise." Smith replied, "I will tell you about the girl you look for."

"Lets see.....We were out scouting at the top when we found her. Well, actually we found her cloak. One of the men ran out and started to pick it up. It's rare to have good clothing around here you know. So he ran out and pulled it out from the ground and thats when we noticed the body."