Chapter Six

He brought us back to his flat. Just the thought of that scared me. He was a vampire.

A vampire.

I thought stories like that only existed in fairy tales but I guess I was wrong.

I could tell. Explains the pale skin, his dark eyes...

​He placed me on top of the counter and I winced in pain again. Harry put some ice in a cloth and walked back over to where I was sitting. I shivered and held my breath as he slightly lifted up the bottom of my shirt and placed the ice on my bruise.

"I didn't mean to hurt you Averi" He said, meeting my gaze.

"Y-you were only trying to protect me" I whispered. I gazed into those green eyes for what felt like the longest time until Harry spoke up again.

"Averi, I don't want to hurt you. I can't control it. I was turned into a monster. I can't help myself. This is not me" he looked away from my gaze for a moment before I spoke up.

"H-how did it happen?"

Harry leaned against the counter and sighed.

"A couple of years ago. I was at this party with my friends. It was late and we were walking home when I thought I felt a cold breeze on my neck even though it was summer. I thought someone was watching me until I finally decided to turn around. And that's when I saw him"

"Saw who?" I asked.

"Tom. Those red eyes. Soon, the lads and I were running for our lives. I was so scared. I didn't know what he wanted but I knew we had to get out of there. "

Harry turned back to me and met my eyes.

"And now I'm a monster who doesn't belong here. None of us do."

"Harry, you had no way to know that was going to happen. There was no way to control it"

After a short second, harry was in front of me within a split second.

He stood in front of me while looking into my brown eyes.

"Averi...do I scare you?"I was at a loss for words. I didn't know how to respond to that.

"Tell me the truth"harry simply said not leaving my gaze.

"No..." I bit my lip. I mean what he does scares me but the harry I know doesn't. But I knew he could tell I was unsure.

Harry sighed and reached his hand over mine, interlocking our fingers.

"I don't know how to say this" he whispered.

"Say what?" I asked slightly confused.

He looked up at me. I waited for him to respond.

"Averi...I want you to be mine"

My breath hitched in my throat.

"W-what?"

"I want you. To spend the rest of my life with you. I have to know if you feel the same" he was serious.

I bit my lip.

"I I don't know" I whispered.

"When you're ready" he whispered. And I soon felt his lips slightly touch mine before pulling back.

Harry wrapped me in a towel and led me to his car.

His voice ringed in my head.

"I want you. To spend the rest of my life with you. I have to know if you feel the same"

XXxx

After harry dropped me off, the first thing was mom. She stood there shocked and confused as to why I was wet.

"Why are you wet? "

"I um we uh accidentally fell into the pond no biggie" I mustered a smile and walked passed her upstairs.

"Alright we'll I'm going to bed" she sighed.

"Night!" I called down. I dried and changed into some warm clothes.

I couldn't sleep for what felt like the longest time. I lay awake thinking about what he said.