Chapter One

Averis POV

​I woke up to a chill in my room. Shivering, ​I got dressed and headed downstairs to the kitchen. There was a note on the counter from mom. Of course, going to work early again. I sighed and started to head to school.

XXxx

​On the way to school, the cool breeze blew around me as I pulled my sweatshirt closer around my shoulders.

​I found my locker and put in the combination. I was about to put my books in when I clumsily dropped them.

I bent down to pick them up when

Someone else did too. My eyes met his green ones as he stood and extended a hand to me.

I took it and a chill went through my spine. His hands were cold.

He smiled at me and handed me my books.

" Um you dropped these" he said in a deep British accent.

"Thanks" I said. He wasn't like any other person Ive seen. He had pale skin, piercing green eyes and a mop of curly brown hair swept perfectly to the side. Calling him handsome or good looking would have been an understatement.

"I'm guessing you're new around here. I'm Harry by the way"

"I'm uh Averi" I replied while blushing. Why was I blushing!? I know him for five seconds and he's got me blushing already.

I closed my locker and we started to walk down the hall.

"Who do you have first period?" He asked me. I looked at my schedule.

"Mrs. Wilkins, English"

"Oh good you're in my class. I'll walk you there" Harry replied while smiling at me.

"Okay"

This first day might not be as bad as I thought.

XXxx

Harry sat in front of the room and I was slightly in the back. He turned around and smiled at me as I returned the gesture.

​"Hey you're Averi right?" I looked up to see a girl standing next to my desk. She had perfect blonde wavy hair and blue eyes.

"yeah" I replied.

"I'm Ashlynn by the way. But everyone calls me Ash." I nodded

as she sat in front of me in her desk. She turned around and leaned close.

"I saw Harry come up to you today. Omigod Averi!"

"What?" I asked confused.

"He is like the hottest guy in school, all girls drool over him" Ash answered. "This is a big deal, he might actually like you!" She squealed.

"I don't know I mean I just met him. There's no way." I denied.

"You never know!" She said.Just then our teacher came in and class started.

I thought about what Ash said. No way it could be true right? I mean I just met him...right?

Harry's POV

I walked in the building just when a girl dropped her books. Quickly walking over to her I knelt down and helped her pick them up when our eyes met. She had beautiful light brown eyes and perfect wavy chestnut hair.

I helped her up and was happy to find out she had first period with me.

She was so beautiful.

But of course, there's no way she would like a monster like me. If only she knew the real me...