It was a tight knee length dress that had sleeves that only covered the shoulder. It was black and had a plunging neck line and instead of it showing skin, behind the neck line was a silky gold fabric with black lace. It was perfect. I couldn't believe I never wore it. I slipped on my dress and put on my T-strap heels. Now that I had those two elements, my outfit would just fall into place. I grabbed my leopard print handbag with gold undertones and put on my gold, dangle earrings.

After I was done with my make-up, I realized I was going way overboard. This wasn't a date, I was just getting to know my father. Besides, it wasn't like Nick was going to be there. Oh wait, he was. Not that I cared, anyways.

Yes, you do, Elizabeth, that little voice in my head told me.

No, I don't! I screamed in my head.

After much debating, I took off the earrings and replaced them with gold studs. I kept the handbag because, well, I liked it with the dress. My hair had decided to be extra curly that night, like my mother's, so I decided to leave it down. It almost covered my entire back. I thought I would get it cut a little shorter, to the length my mom's was. That way it could bounce like hers. I realized later that the entire time I was getting ready, I was thinking of Nick and if he would like it. Ugh! I needed to push him from my mind. I knew he was going to be there, but I tried not to be bothered my it. Satisfied with my appearance, I went to meet Sara and my father at her car.

I was as nervous as I felt the first day I came to Las Vegas. Butterflies were fluttering through my stomach and I could barely stand in one place. The elevator doors opened and I walked out to the parking garage where Sara said she would meet me.

It was so quiet in the garage that the only thing I could hear was my heels clicking against the pavement. I found it a bit odd that this was all I could hear. I was in Vegas, there should be a little more noise than this. I started to get anxious and a bit frightened, my palms getting sweaty. The air was cool and silent, and there was no wind. Paranoia swept over me and I kept looking behind me as if there were someone watching me. I wondered if Sara forgot about me because I didn't hear anyone in the garage. I got to Sara's car and noticed it was empty. So, if she didn't leave without me, maybe she was just late.

A few minutes later, the elevator door opened again and laughter echoed through the open garage. I was leaning against the car and turned a bit to see my father and Sara bubbling with amusement. Then I noticed that their clothes were slightly out of place and their hair was mussed a bit.

I did not need that mental image, I thought to myself, trying to push it away before they got to the car. At least that took my thoughts away from the paranoia I was feeling.

I leaned back against the car and acted as if I hadn't noticed them.

"Oh, hey there Elizabeth. I didn't notice you standing there," Sara giggled, her hand intertwined with my father's.

"Yeah, let's get this party rolling. And I thought I was already late..." I chuckled lightly, trying not think about anything but the dinner we were going to.

"We're very sorry, Elizabeth. We had some catching up to do," Gil said, turning to wink at Sara. She looked down and blushed. My father smiled hugely, giving her a kiss on the cheek. I heard many stories about my father's romance with Sara, and in every one of them, Gil was described as secretive and no one knew about their affair until he blatantly told them. This was not what I'd heard about, with him kissing her outright. But then again, he no longer worked with CSI, so he really didn't have anything to worry about. It was very hard for me not to feel awkward when they were making it so obvious.

"Alright, can we go then?" I urged them, gesturing to the car.

"Oh, yes of course. Let's go," Sara said sheepishly and walked to the passenger side. I realized that carpooling with my father and Sara meant sitting in the back. I didn't think it would be this awkward at the time.