"You aren't going to-"

"Don't worry, I'm not going to be an asshole, that would actually require me to care," Van tells me, walking towards the door. He holds open the door for me, letting me walk in first.

I take the lead towards the table and avoid eye contact with everybody while sitting back down in my seat. This couldn't be more awkward right now.

"I have a paper on infidelity that's due tomorrow, so if we could speed this up; that'd be great," Van breaks the silence. I try to contain my laughter.

"Vance, there's no need to be rude," Mr. Taylor says sternly.

"Rich, I told you this was going to be difficult, they have every right to be angry," My mom cuts in.

"What's this about?" I question. "Just spit it out, you aren't being any better of a parent by buying us dinner."

"Vance, you and I are moving in," Mr. Taylor says. "Carlos bought the house just a few days ago. So this weekend we will be moving all of our things out," he explains rather in a rush.

"Moving in where?" I ask.

"With us, Abby," My mom confirms.

Van laughs. "You're kidding, right?"

"Absolutely not," Mr. Taylor answers.

Van and I share a look for a couple of seconds. Whatever he's about to say can't be good, I can tell by the cocky expression he's wearing.

"Cool, so we'll just share a room," Van says to me, getting the whole tables attention.

"I don't think that you guys understand," my mom starts. "We're engaged."

"To be married?" Van asks, stupidly.

"We're hoping for sometime in May, or maybe June," My mom smiles.

They can't be serious. I figured that they were seeing each other, but getting married? Why would they want to go and do a stupid thing like that? They both just got out of marriages, why would they want to jump right into another one? You don't just divorce somebody to marry somebody else a few weeks later.

"We were in Vegas this past weekend and we were going to get married there, but we want a big wedding, with family, friends, and dresses," my mom tells me.

Oh my gosh. How is she my mom? We're like complete opposites.

"So are you planning on wearing a white dress? I have a lovely scarlet A you could sew on the breast of it," I state. "Or you could just wear the wedding dress from your first marriage."

"Why do you want to get married, I mean, round one didn't exactly go so well. Two cheaters will only end up cheating on each other, you know," Van points out.

"That's enough!"

I cross my arms over my chest and shut my mouth. Maybe that was a little too far, Van got a pretty good kick out of it. I just don't understand how she can be this selfish. Van and I may not really be together, but if we were, this would completely ruin things.

"What ever is going on between the two of you," Mr. Taylor begins looking between Van and I. "Needs to stop, by this weekend, is that understood?"

"And if it doesn't?" I test, expecting Van to agree with me.

Van interrupts me. "It will."

If we aren't hanging out, having fun, or talking, we're hating each other. Right now Van and I aren't doing any of the first three. Today's Friday, the first day that Van and his dad will be moving in. I've made sure to be at work all this week, ever since that Monday night at dinner. I'm off tonight though, so I don't know how that's going to go over. I'll have to do whatever I can to keep busy and away from home.