Chapter 6 Pretty little monster

Stag was the first to walk back inside going straight to the kitchen to warm up the Chinese food he had bought earlier.  He was planning to hand it to her then leave, after all Jamie could stay with her till her boyfriend got here. Boyfriend!  ugh why does that word bug me so much?  we JUST MET! 

He poured the food into a microwave safe plate that he found in one of the kitchen cupboards and microwaved it, bringing it over to Lola once it was done, along with a new glass of water and the pain pills as it had been a few hours since her first dose and her pain was probably starting to return.

He returned to the lounge room to find Lola alone.

"Where's Jamie?" He inquired, setting her food in front of her and handing her the pills and water.

She took her pills then replied after shoving a fork full of hoiken noodles into her mouth.

"Oh, he had to leave. Simon- that's his partner- called. Apparently they have some unexpected guests or something."

"Oo-kay, what time will your boyfriend be here? I don't want to leave you alone after you take those pills again. You kind of lost the plot a bit with the first dose." he chuckled, but the laughter didn't reach his eyes.

Why do you care if she's by herself for a few hours? Her own mother and best friend left why can't you?  his subconscious muttered bitterly.  Jealous bastard! he thought in reply.

"What boyfriend? ...Oh you mean what Jamie said before? He was trying to shitstir my mother."

"Really?  So what was he talking about? I asked him outside if I should leave before your boyfriend gets here, in case he was jealous and he said he had only just met the guy but it should be fine. "

Lola's shoulders shook with her laughter, when Stag looked at her quizzically she explained. "My mother has a particular vision of how I should be. And I defy her every chance I get. Jamie likes to help rile her up sometimes."

"What is your mothers vision of the perfect Lola?"  Stag asked, suddenly alot more curious.

"She thinks I should dress a certain way, talk and act like a 'lady', marry a certain type of man and start squirting out pretty little monsters, like my sister did.  She continuously tries to get me to act more like Rosie, setting me up with her version of good husband material- usually stuffy boring morons with little dick syndrome-and I continue 'scaring them off' as she puts it, with my too outward personality. Oh and apparently I shouldn't be so picky because I'm not exactly the perfect catch."

"How exactly would having a boyfriend make her upset?  And you should be as picky as you like. Don't ever settle for someone who doesn't make you happy,  trust me, I know."

"It isn't me having a boyfriend that makes her angry it's who she assumed is my boyfriend. " She laughed.

" Oh...oh! You mean me?" He clicked onto the situation.

"Yeah genius, who else?  I mean she walked in on me practically about to pull you down and have my wicked way with you."  She raised one eyebrow and grinned cheekily.

"Hmm. What's wrong with me? I'm a nice enough bloke..  mostly."

"Oh honey, there is Nothing. Wrong. with you!" She enunciated each word making sure that he knew she was dead serious.

"But my mother detests tattoos and piercings, and well.. your covered in them. She likes those stuffy business suit wearing mommas boys, with short hair and no stubble. Completely opposite to you basically. "

"Oh, I get it." He didn't seem happy.

"Well I think I should go home now. I need a shower and change of clothes. Do you want me to carry you to your room before I go?"

"Nah, I'll be ok if you could just hand me the crutches please." She didn't really want him to go, but he was technichally a stranger to her.  She liked him though, of that she was sure.

He stood up and handed them to her,  then grabbed a notepad and pen from her coffee table and scrawled his name and phone number on it.

"I don't live far from here, if you need anything give me a call ok?  Jamie told your mother that I would be here tomorrow,  but I'm not sure if that's a good idea. "

"Why not? " she asked a little saddened that he didn't want to come back.

"Because, Lola your mum doesn't like nor trust me" he said dejectedly "and you only want me here to piss her off so.."

"That's a little presumptuous of you Stag." She cut him off slightly angered.

"Is it? Really? look me in the eye and tell me that hasn't crossed your mind."

He pulled her up from the couch and propped the crutches under her arms.

She looked into his eyes, then down at her hands "I'm not going to lie, the thought did cross my mind" She looked back up into his eyes "but that doesn't mean that I don't like you.. or.. find.. you..attractive."  Her eyes became hooded and she used the crutches to move closer to him. Turning her face up towards his, her lips parted.

He bent slightly lower so they were at eye level with each other then slowly inched his face closer to hers.  When his lips were almost touching hers he said "Don't play the game, unless you are sure you want the prize. I don't do things by halves lady."

"What does that mean?" She asked, her voice breathy and her chest rising up and down quickly with her breaths.

He pressed their foreheads together and said " Tell me." He ran his hand up her arm then back down taking her hand in his and causing heat to spread through her whole body. "Tell me you want this" his tongue shot out licking her top lip teasingly.

"Close your eyes." His tongue darted out again running along the seam of her lips, then he moved his head to the side and started kissing and nibbling her neck and jawline painfully slowly, till he got back to her lips, but he didn't kiss her, just pressed his forehead to hers again waiting for her to say something. . anything.

Lola's brain was mush. Her insides a pool of desire, she couldn't think straight let alone talk. She got one word out though, her voice laced with desire and husky from excitement "Yes." Then she smashed her lips to his.

A/N Pic of Stag on the side courtesy of  my friend ejane1- An absolute star and spectacular writer of Unbreak me. Here is the link to her story please check it out, vote and comment ;)   http://www.wattpad.com/story/10590376-unbreak-me .  I will post this on my next chapter as well.