Prologue

Copyright © 2012 Smurf_Queen

REWRITE NUMBER 3!!!!! And thanks so much guys for being so pationt with me!!!!

LUV YA!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3

_____________________________________________________________________________

Rosalina's POV

I woke up this morning to my mom and dad shouting at each other again. God, my mom and dad have been yelling and screaming at each other for 4 years now, ever since the day my little brother Max died when he was 2.

*Flashback, to 2007*

Mom, dad, Max, and I had driven to the movies considering it was my birthday, but first we needed to go to the bank and get some money off of mom's card.

It was a nice spring day, it was April 6th, 2007, and the wind was blowing fiercely which was whipping my shiny black hair in to my brown eyes.

We walked into the bank and we waited in line, today was supposed to be a nice, calm, day with the family. I was sitting with Maxi giving him some cookies, he loved his cookies! Today was supposed to be a day like any other day..........Boy were we wrong.

As I was feeding him his cookies, two men in black outfits burst through the front doors with guns in hand pointing them at everybody as they barked order's at us.

"EVERYBODY DOWN ON THE GROUND!!!!" The first one screamed while the other one walked towards me and Max. He grabbed Max out of my arms and walked an inch away from me.

"P-Please d-d-don't hurt him, he's only two!!" I said flinching at everything I said. I was only 12 this wasn't a normal day for me.

"What's your name?" He asked me as the gun was pointed at my face. I looked at my mom and dad, they were freaking out, mom was crying. I looked back at the man with the gun.

"Rosalina" I said quietly. He bent down to my eye level.

"Rosalina, I want you to go over to the cash with this bag" He told me, holding up a black garbage bag to my face. "And fill it with all of the money in it okay or," He said and paused again then he pointed the gun and Max. "Or I kill your brother. Okay? GO!" He shouted at me and I ran to the cash and the employee’s opened them for me and I stuffed all the money inside the bag.

I was almost done when I heard police sirens. The robber's started to freak out.

"OKAY WHO PULLED THE ALARM?!?!?!" The first one screamed as the other one's eyes darted towards me.

"Say good bye to you brother" He said as he put Max on the floor and just as he was about to shoot Max a cop came up behind him. Sadly, the other robber turned around and shot the cop then; the second one turned around and shot my brother. Right. In front. Of. Me.

Mom and Dad where yelling and screaming, my mom was crying and silent tears flooded out of my eyes. My heart felt like it was gonna explode and I couldn't even make a noise as they ran out the bank.

*End of flashback*

Ever since then my mom and dad where never the same, neither was I. I blamed myself and so did my dad, So every day for 4 years my dad has given me dirty looks and never looked at me ever since and when he did talk to me he was screaming and yelling, calling me a whore and he wished he never had me and that I was a mistake.

My mom on the other hand she knew Maxi’s death wasn't my fault and she still loved me. But I know she is still hurting inside, she just doesn't want to show it to anyone.

All of a sudden the screaming and yelling stopped, then I heard footsteps coming up the stairs to my bedroom. I instantly got scared, but when I saw mom behind the door I was relieved.

"Rose sweetie, Pack your things. We are leaving." She said calmly to me and walked to her room. What happened? Is it over? I did what she told me and packed all of my clothes into 3 suit cases, and my pictures into another back. Then I went under my bed and pulled out my Bow.

I grabbed all of my things and met mom in her room. She just finished packing when I got into her room. She turned around and smiled at me sweetly. That's what I love about my mom, no matter what happens she's always smiley.

"Mom, where are we going?" I asked her quietly. She turned to me.

"Sweetie, Where're leaving. We don't belong here anymore. We're going to second house. Okay?" She told me as tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Why?" I asked her.

"It's over, your dad and I. We're going to stay at the second house, we will be living in the same town as my brother and his family, you remember Uncle Chris, right?" Mom asked me and I nodded.

"How are we gonna pay for the flight?" I asked her.

"I was gonna leave with you next week to disappear for a while and see some family for a little, but now..........We just can't come back to this" She told me and I nodded and we tip toed down stairs and saw my father on the couch watching basketball.

We walked outside and to the car and as we did I took my house keys that I had and through them away and they shattered into the window of my old room. I smirked and I walked to the trunk of my mom's car and put my clothes suit cases, my bag of pictures, and my bow and arrow in it and slam the hood shut.

I grabbed my purse and walked to the passenger seat of my mom's car as she pulled out of the drive way.

Good reddens! I thought as we drove away from the house. The house full of pain. We were on our way to a new beginning.

I am Rosalina Argent, I am 16 years old and I am no longer a slave to my father's abusive ways, I am no longer beaten down because of my brother's death. I am a new Rosalina Argent, I’m on my way to finally see my cousin, Allison.

God I hope this all goes well for me. I am on my way to a new a beginning; a new beginning called, Becon Hills, North California.

 ____________________________________________________________________________

So how'd you like it?

Love it?

Hate it?

Comment and tell me also.............................................................................

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------COMMENT

-------------------------------------------------------------------------VOTE

----------------------------------------------------------------------FAN 

THANKS!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

~Skylar!! <3 <3