Part 1

Almost 16 years ago

Alpha Matthews P.O.V

My wolf wanted out. He needed to run, he needed to get out of this skin. It might have been me feeling frustrated or it could be something else, something that is gnawing at the back of my spine and growing bigger with each passing minute.
The doctor had to be wrong. My mate my poor beautiful loving Seline. She was a luna the mother of our pack, but she will never be a mother of our own pup. Without a heir, there is only so long before everyone outside the pack found out and I would have to step down as Alpha.
Seline tried to tell me it was ok, that I could mate with another to get a heir. But I could never do that to her. So its only a matter of time and now my wolf needed to find itself, knowing it will never be a father. I should still be with Seline comforting her but I can control him no more.
I ran out of the pack house, jumping into my shift as I went down the stairs. Running straight for the forest. My big black would taking over everything inside of me, blocking out the mind link and the rest of the pack. His thoughts were so jumbled I couldn't make sense of them. All I could hear were our large paws pounding against the ground.
Tree's pass me by blurring into one long line until finally he stops. Our heart beating fast as we try to get air back into our lungs. The whole forest is silent like it's mourning for its alpha. But then all of a sudden I hear it.
The sound that would save us all. Though at that time I didn't know it. A low whimper like a animal caught. I started to walk slowly towards the sound. As I got closer I caught a scent, it wasn't a small animal but a wolf.
I finally found it wrapped in a pink blanket in the hollow of a tree trunk. A little baby girl. I felt my heart beat quicker as my beast whined out to the young infant. He felt a connection I couldn't lie I did as well.
I shifted back to my human form and approached the baby. Attached to her blanket was a note.

"To who ever finds my daughter. I leave her in your care. Give her a family and give her love, but most of all keep my Annalise safe. There are people who want to harm her and myself. Allow her to know when she is older that her mother and father loved her and wanted this special little girl with everything they are. But with her father already murdered I fear that we won't be far behind. Take care of her Alpha Matthews, as I know it will be you who finds her. You were drawn to her as many others will be. Raise her to be a strong fighter in mind and body as both you and Annalise will need it in the years to come. When she turns 18 give her the letter in the envelope, but do not read it yourself its for her eyes only. She will turn the first full moon of the year she turns 16. Farewell Alpha take care of your new daughter. Enjoy her xxx

I stepped back with tears in my eyes. This lady knew who I was and that I would find her daughter. Who was she, how is this possible. Had the moon felt our plea. By the goddess, please don't let this be a trick. Because I don't think I will be able to give her up now.
She looked up at me with bright trusting blue eyes. She couldn't be more than a few months, not if her birthday was the first full moon of the year. That was a special date to be born without a doubt.
I quickly wrapped the blanket tighter around her small body, before shifting back to my fur carefully lifting her with my teeth and carrying my precious bundle to her new home and to my mate.
To say Seline was shocked over Annalise was a understatement, but once she read the letter and felt the connection she herself couldn't deny that this pup belonged to us. We were going to be fine and keep this pup safe if it was the last thing we did.

Author note.
This is my first book so please tell me what you think. All criticism is welcome 😊😊😊