1. First time ever I saw your face

Kaleidoscope of memoirs : 4 years back

"Hey you! Yes, brown shirt. Come here. And Chasmish!(person wearing glasses) You too!"

Rohan Malholtra, 4th year accounting student was keeping an eye on the entrance while he spotted two freshers entering the college premise. He and his friends were on their bikes, having their share of fun, or their "birthright as a senior" as they called, that is... Ragging on the first day of college.

"Aah! Stylish haircut , brown shirt? Eyes on the girls already, haan? Senior ki age number lene ka planning?(Planning to go ahead of your seniors?) Nah! Never! You've made us unhappy on your very first day." Advik Roy, who was known as Vicky for his friends, slapped on the shoulder of the new boy.

"Sorry Brother!"the new boy, though had warm blood of youth in him, decided to keep calm and avoid troubles unnecessarily.

"Sir! Say Sir!" Rohan said sternly and muttered under his breath, "God! Where did Sanky vanish? Got two interesting specimens at last, how can we enjoy fully if he's not here?"

Dhruv Arora,another guy suggested playfully, " How about we teach him some manners? Hey wannabe hero! You'll chop those long locks after college today, just like a soldier has to. And you must sing a very special song, THE GREAT FRESHER GUYS' OATH...

"Foolon ka taaron ka sab ka kehna hai...
Sari ladkiyaan yaahan meri behna hai...
Kabhi nahi uspe line marna hai..."

(I have to tell this to all flowers and stars,
All the girls present here.. are my sisters
I shouldn't try to woo them... never ever...)

The guy with spectacles started singing quickly, not wanting to mess with the seniors on the very first day.

"Wah Dhruv! What a mind blowing lyrics!" A tall, lean, fair skinned boy with jet black hair came from behind and leaned on an empty bike besides his friend. He had a handsome face with sharp jawline and dark chocolate eyes... His toned muscles rippled as he stretched his arms... Gasps and sighs resonated from the female audience present over there as he gave a mischievous smirk and winked...

"Sanky, where did you go buddy? Don't tell me you left us to check out the girls again?"Rohan rolled his eyes.

Sanskar Maheshwari, the hottest hunk of the lot shrugged with an expression "Well, you know me!" Then he frowned, " Hey Mr Smarty pants, why aren't you singing?"

"Sorry...SIR... But I can't sing this song." the boy in brown shirt answered.

"Why? Should we buy ticket to hear you singing, Mr Yo Yo Honey Singh?" Sanskar said in a mocking tone.Others laughed out loudly and gave one another high five.

The guy looked a bit defiant, " You want me to have a haircut? Fine! But not that song... NEVER! Not everyone in this college are my sisters."

Others were annoyed and miffed at his stubborn demeanour. Sanskar got up and held his shoulder firmly, "Attitude before Sanskar Maheshwari? Hey Yo Yo, I can make your college life living hell, you know that?" He continued to glare at him, giving an intimidating vibe!

"And I can complain that you're troubling my best friend. His name is Laksh, not those stupid ones you gave him. Leave him at once!" A girl's angry voice broke caught their attention. Sanskar turned and towards the owner of the melodious voice only to lose his own...

He got drowned in a pair of almond eyes... chestnut rims blended with a pool of honey brown in the middle of the orbs... her brows were frowned, her cute little nose was red in anger, her full rosy lips were twisted almost in a pout... her smooth peachy cream skin radiated golden blaze in the morning sun...