Change Was Good

Senior year. Let's do this.

I stood in the same mirror I once stood in two years ago and looked at myself

I stood in the same mirror I once stood in two years ago and looked at myself. Instead of a t-shirt to try to make my boobs conceal my fat, I wore a long flowy shirt that even showed my sides some. And, instead of a skirt to hide my hips, I wore high waisted jeans to embrace them. I turned to the side and admired how my pudge was still there, but most of it had disappeared from the workouts in dance. My hair was the same length since it grows every five seconds, the only difference being I still had the silver white color in it.

"Wow, you're not asking me if you look okay?" Aunt Julie's voice appeared. I smiled and laughed before turning and hugging her tightly. "I can't believe my girl is a senior!" She was excited with tears in her eyes. "Aw Aunt Julie! Don't cry!" I laughed a little. "Okay okay, pull yourself together." She said to herself. Julie looked at me through my mirror and put her hands on my shoulders, slightly rubbing them. "I'm so proud of you. How good you've always done in school." I turned around and faced her. "But this year, I want you to bust your ass more than you already have to get into college. Make mom proud." She at last said before kissing my forehead and heading out of my room. I turned back to my mirror and adjusted Finn's necklace on my neck because spraying myself with perfume and heading downstairs.

I let Aunt Julie drive me to school just for one last time. By the time we got to the parking lot, she was bawling her eyes out like a child and her blue eyeshadow was running everywhere. It took me a minute before I got out of the car, but I didn't mind. I greeted everybody sitting on the stairs or hanging in the parking lot before getting to the front doors. I latched my hands onto them a took a deep breath, remembering how nervous I was on the first day doing it and finally going in. I walked inside the office which was only occupied by student works and I went to Figgin's empty desk and smiled. God how time has flown. It seemed like just yesterday I was getting my schedule.

"Are you named after Camila Cabello, you know, from Fifth Harmony?" Angie grinned in the doorway. I ran over and hugged and squealing in excitement. "I can't believe we're seniors Cam." Angie sighed letting go. "I know. It's so weird to think we're top dogs." We began to walk with each other. As we strolled, a little sophomore even cowarded into the bathroom and we chuckled so loud. "Are you ready to get everything ready for the real world once we graduate?" Angle turned to me. "Not really. It is kind of suckish when you aren't sure of what you're gonna do." I shrugged. "Well, you have six months until college forms are due to work it out. You've got this." She smiled to me. The bell rang and we headed off to our first class of the day with not a pinch of nervousness lingering my mind.

When Glee period rolled around, I was more happier than ever. I walked up to the same old choir room and peaked in. Instead of a uncertain feeling in my mind from a room of strangers, I had a loving feeling from a room full family. I walked in and hugged everyone generously and simply pecked Finn on the lips since I had seen him maybe three days ago. "Woah." He looked at my outfit. "Do you like?" I asked shyly. 'I love it. You never really show your hips, it's different," He smiled. "I thought I'd try something different." I grinned before he pulled he into a tight hug. Our summer was basically dedicated to each other since we hit our one year mark. We had our microphones in a circle that we usually had in the auditorium, but Glee Club auditions are being held there after school to fill in Quinn's spot. The circle was just a tad bit smaller from her absence, but the huge hole of sadness was big enough for everybody to see.

"Hit it." I grinned to the band, then turning back to everyone.

Angie: Come on, come on, turn the radio on. It's Friday night and it won't be long. Gotta do my hair, put my make-up on. It's Friday night and it won't be long 'til I, hit the dancefloor, hit the dancefloor. I got all I need. No I ain't got cash, I ain't got cash, but I got you baby.

The music just rolled through me as I swayed my arms and hips. Finn admired me as I did so and everyone just basically did their thing, something we all loved about each other.

Amelia: Baby I don't need dollar bills to have fun tonight

All: I love cheap thrills!

Amelia: Baby I don't need dollar bills to have fun tonight

All: I love cheap thrills!

Amelia looked at Mercedes and they shared a loving gaze. They had gotten together at Glee Camp without anyone's knowing. That is, until we got home and a picture of them kissing was on Instagram. I'm happy for them, and Matthew and Rachel, and Angie and Sam. Damn, everyone caught the love bug this summer....

Amelia: I don't need no money, as long as I can feel the beat. I don't need no money, as long as I keep dancing.

I looked around at everyone as they watched me and felt the rush of love and kindness flush over me. I remember feeling so mortified singing in front of them, but now I feel like I can do everything,

Camila: Come on come on, turn the radio on. It's Saturday and it won't be long. Gotta paint my nails, put my high heels on. It's Saturday and it won't be long 'til I, hit the dancefloor, hit the dancefloor. I got all I need. No I ain't got cash, I ain't got cash, but I got you baby.

When I looked around at everyone singing and harmonizing, I was all of the sudden thrown back. Rachel had her usual sweater, skirt, and knee high socks on, Angie's hair was shorter and so was she, and Finn was just a bit shorter with baby fat lingering on his face. Now, everyone is so mature. Rachel wears jeans and beautiful tops, Angie is taller and her hair is growing so fast, and Finn's baby fat is gone and his jawline is sharper. A lot has changed in two years.

Artie: Baby I don't need dollar bills to have fun tonight

All: I love cheap thrills!

Artie: Baby I don't need dollar bills to have fun tonight

All: I love cheap thrills!

It scared me to know in ten months, we won't be coming back to this school. Everyone will be graduated, grown, and gone. Who knows if we all will be in touch. Who knows if me and Finn will evem still be together.

Rachel: La, la, la, la, la, la, la

All: I love cheap thrills!

Rachel: La, la, la, la, la, la, la

All: I love cheap thrills!

Rachel: La, la, la, la, la, la, la

All: I love cheap thrills!

Rachel: La, la, la, la, la, la, la

All: I love cheap thrills!

We all cheered and pulled each other into a group hug. We didn't know what this year would bring us, but we knew we would have each other no matter what, like always. I remember feeling uncertain on my first day of school when I said "Change is good." But, now I finally know, change WAS good.