04 : quitting

- sugawara's point of view -

I called the team the next day in the afternoon, scheduled an emergency meeting. The truth is, I'm going to quit the team. I love everyone so so much, but I just can't. It's too much...

I would love to tell everyone the reason why. I wish I could just stop fucking lying to everyone.

I'm scared (Y/n) would do something bad...I hope she wasn't serious about what she said when we watched the movie.

"Koushi...if anything ever happened to you, I'd kill myself."

Please don't be serious...(Y/n).

Later that day, I met up with the team at the gym.

I stopped by the convenience store and got some meat buns, their favorite. I hoped it would help ease the mood.

"So what's this all about, Sugawara?" Coach Ukai asked me as I arrived.

"Okay. This may come as a shock to you all but...Im quitting the team...I'm sorry. I hope you all won't miss me too much, I didn't play that much and Kageyama is superior to me in every way...I just wasn't very useful. I hope you understand." I said.

Everyone's face lit up with shock, their jaws dropped to the floor.

I clenched my fists, tears rising in my eyes. I looked down at the grown. I couldn't bare to see everyone's face. It was silent, until Daichi spoke. He let out a laugh. It was crazy...almost...frightening.

"Ahaha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha! Very funny Koushi! Ha ha ha! W-why aren't y-you l-laughing? Hahahaha! Nice one y-you almost had me there...K-Koushi?"

I didn't say a word. I knew he couldn't understand and it'd be best if I shut up. "Koushi, laugh god dammit! Tell me it's just a sick joke!"

I didn't speak.

"Talk, god dammit!" He said, throwing the meat buns across the gymnasium.

"Well...I can't stop you, Sugawara, Koushi. It was nice having you play with us. I hope you still continue to play volleyball. You have so much potential...Sugawara." Coach Ukai said. He wouldn't look up as he shook my hand.

I said my final goodbyes to the team. Daichi wouldn't speak to me.

"Daichi I'm-"

"Shut the hell up. Don't fucking talk to me, Koushi! I hate you! You had so much going on for you and you just threw it all away! You disgust me...get out of my face." Daichi said pushing me.

My heartbeat was like a ship, moving fast, until, he dropped the anchor.

I was surprised to hear him say that and to be honest, it hurt. It hurt a lot.