Two pieces of a broken heart | part 1 (Delena fanfic)

Demi and Selena have worked really hard in 2013 so they take the month off to relax and spend some time with their families.

-

Selena's pov:

It was saturday morning. New year's eve was on Tuesday and I spent a great party night. So this is actually one of the first saturdays I got to wake up in my own bed after months.

I rolled over to my bedside table and checked my phone. 130 whatsapp messages, 3 text messages and 10 unanswered calls. Most of the whatsapp messages were christmas greets from my crew and friends. One was from Demi:

"Hey Sel! I hope you spent some relaxing christmas days and had an amazing new year's eve. By the way I bought something for you. Nothing big - just a little surprise. Maybe we manage to meet the following weeks. Maddie and my mom also bought a present for Gracie.

Anyways have a great time, take care and text me back when you read this.

Love you loads♥

Demi"

This just made me smile! I didn't know if I should answer straightaway. So I decided to first get out of my bed, take a shower and then go downstairs to eat breakfast with my parents and lil G. Mom and Gracie already sat in the kitchen. G smiled when I came in. "Good morning baby girl", I said before sitting down. "Morning honey! It's pretty early. Did you sleep well?", mom asked while making me scrambled eggs. I only paid attention to Gracie so I just nodded. "What are you up to today, Selena? Any plans?". Mom sat down again and gave me a glas of orange juice. "Uhm I'm gonna call Demi later. Maybe she's got time to come over", I answered. Gracie's eyes straightly lighted up when I mentioned Demi.

An hour later I sat on my bed and holding my phone. I thought about what to say when I'm gonna call Demi now. I wasn't sure if I should call or better text her. So I decided to text her.

"Hey there Demi! Thank you so much. I hope you also had a good time. You did what? I thought we wouldn't buy eachother presents. But I also got something for you.

Maybe this is a little bit too short-term but I've got time today. So if you're in the mood for some self-baked cookies and a cup of hot chocolate just tell me.

Miss & love you! xoxo"