And We'll Live Happily Whatever After[8]

8

Oh my word.

I'm in love with Alessio! I'm in love with my husband!

Could my life get any worse?

A couple of weeks after we first made love, we were closer than ever. We didn't talk about how I messed up during our wedding day and it was fine with me. Except those times when I feel Alessio tensing up because I said the wrong things.

I couldn't control my mouth. I mean, I wanted very much to please him this time but I don't know, I just keep on doing the wrong thing. Alessio does not reprimand me though. He just looks away-which is more painful.

He's back to being the wonderful guy I've first known. He's still a very charming companion, though he's more than that to me these days.

Whenever he's not busy with work, he would make it a mission to look for me all over the house and drag me back to our bedroom. I didn't give much fight. I knew I was as hungry for him as he was for me. And who am I to complain about making love with the sexiest man I've ever laid eyes on?

Alessio is a terrific lover. I'm not lying. Sometimes I don't even want to go out of bed and let him do the same.

Oh my, I had it bad. I'm so in love with my husband.

I looked at him sprawled on his stomach on our bed. I wanted to watch the sun rise so I slipped away quietly from him just a few moments ago. Now, with the sunlight entering through the open windows, his skin was gleaming irresistibly gold.

I tiptoed to his side and lightly placed a kiss on his shoulder. When I looked up, his eyes were open and a lazy grin was starting to form on his mouth.

I blushed to the tips of my toes and tried to step back but Alessio's reflexes were faster. He tumbled me down on top of him and ravished my mouth. I was out of breath when he pulled away. I looked dazedly at him but he was still grinning.

"Good morning, Sophia," he drawled, sending delicious tingles all over my body.

I smiled stupidly at him. "Uhm, yeah. Good morning too."

"Wanna make love?"

I gasped but he did not give time to answer. He was already making love to me.

--

"What do you want to do today?" Alessio asked as we were eating breakfast on the balcony.

I put my head on my hand and replied, "Uh, I want to go back to London. I miss Grandpa." I waited to see his reaction. I don't think it bothered him that much because all he said was a off-handed, "London it is."

It's true I miss my grandfather but I also want to talk to him about keeping my engagement to Alessio a secret. And why he let me almost marry Brayden St. Clair when I was rightfully to be Alessio's bride.

I need answers and I need them now.

That afternoon we flew to London by Alessio's private jet. He must've carried me out the airport when we landed because the next thing I knew I was waking up in another strange room. It made me remember when he and I first met. I can't believe it was just over two months ago. It seems like it was longer than that.

Anyway, I went to the en-suite bathroom and washed my face. Then I went down the staircase-the house was very nice-and heard voices coming from the library. The door was slightly ajar and I could my husband's back. There was another man with white hair, he was seating down with his back to the door too. When he spoke, I realized that it was my grandfather. I almost threw open the door and launched myself at him but his words stopped me dead.

"Brandon that bastard St. Clair threatened to destroy my company if I don't let his son marry Sophia. He told me to not even consider asking you for help. It will just be for nothing."

Oh my word! That... that devious, madman! I'm going to make him pay for that!

"His boy Brayden, ah! He's always had a thing for my granddaughter," Grandpa continued. "Even when they were little kids. I thought he was going to get over it after he's had a taste of other women but it didn't. When he visited Sophia, I-"

Alessio cut him off. "That's enough. I will deal with him from now on. I'll take care of everything. However, I don't want Sophia to know about this."

"I don't want that too," Grandpa said. "We can tell her when you finally rescue my company from the St. Clairs. I don't want her to be worried because I know she will be if we tell her."

Alessio turned to my grandfather and nodded.

I walked away, not knowing where to go while a plan formed in my head.