This is Our Story [One Shot]--edited xD

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rain poured harder as my tears suddenly run down my face. Does it have to be this way? I searched everywhere and now I found her, I can no longer find courage to let her go.

Two years had passed since I met her. And seeing her again brought back the memories.

~~flashback

It was a gloomy night; my relationship with my girlfriend is hanging by a thread.

"This long distance relationship is making me dizzy. I think I don't havr any more reason to stay in this relationship. Can we just call it quits?!" her words hit me like thunder.

I cannot find words to make her understand. Why can't she understand?

I didn't see any tears in her eyes as she walked away from me. I should run after her but I didn't. I went the other way. I knew she wanted me to follow her but I had gone tired. For three straight weeks, we had been like this. And for four years, we were never like this. I travelled for eight hours just to fix everything and this was what I got in return. Was this the end for our relationship?

I was so upset about myself and what was happening between us.

Four years is no joke. How can she just throw it all away with just this stupid physical distance between us? Was there another reason why? Maybe my love for her was never enough. Maybe I was never enough.

This thought kept on echoing in my mind and I didn't realize that I was already walking along an alley where all the clubs in the city are. My feet led me in front of a bar (I will no longer mention the name). I was just a few steps away from the entrance when suddenly I heard a girl crying-as if she was gasping for breath. I turned around and saw her sitting at one side of the door; her back pressed against the wall and her mouth opened. With a beer on her hand and tears continuously running down her face, she looked so wasted.

Drunken girls were supposed to disgust me, but seeing her like that made my heart ache. I didn't know why, but she was different from other girls-there was something that made her different from other girls. Whatever it was, I had to find out.

I walked towards her and handed her my handkerchief. Her puffy and teary eyes looked right straight to mine. And, oh boy, had I felt her pain. She grabbed the handkerchief and I sat beside her. To my surprise, she hugged me tight enough to make me feel her pain but loose enough to let me breathe. I could feel her breathing getting harder; as if she had run 20 laps.

"Are all boys as stone hearted as he is? " she said after she had gathered enough air, and breathed harder again. "I had given my all-my love, time, attention. But still, he blocked me on his phone. I tried explaining to him. I never did anything wrong. Why does it have to be this way?"

I looked at her and I felt nothing but pain. She really had this effect on me. I didn't care anymore if people see us.

I removed her arms around me. She looked at me with eyes apologizing but begging to help her ease the pain. Without any words I hugged her tightly. All I wanted that moment was to take away all her pain. I could feel thar whatever she was going through seems to be more complicated than she was actually telling me.

"Guys like those are big jerks. You shouldn't cry over them."

"But..." *pant* "I love *pant* him"

"Ssshhh.. It's okay. Just let it all out. I'm here to be your crying shoulder tonight."

She hugged me tightly as she cried once again. This was the only way I knew to make her feel better. And the pain in her voice was tearing me apart.