Chapter 32: Drinks

Start from the beginning

'Good luck in qualifying,' with still those pleading eyes Keira tried to make contact with Seb.

The others also wished him luck and Keira felt Abby's arm around her shoulders. Seb only nodded in reply and turned around to go back inside the Red Bull garage.

----------

Keira was currently trying to figure out where exactly she had to go, Fernando had explained where she had to go, but her Italian wasn't that brilliant unfortunately. Walking through the streets of the small town made her appreciate the Italian culture even more, they were welcoming to everyone and they just seemed like nice people. All the small streets looked the same however and luckily a helpful local had pointed her into the right direction so she had to be close now. Walking in heels was not ideal on these small stones, but the more she walked on them the better it went. She switched her bag to her other hand, so that she was able to grab her phone. Sadly there were no new messages and although she hadn't expected Seb to text her at all, she still was disappointed by the lack of communication. She knew she had hurt him, but he hadn't given her an opportunity to fix the situation and now she was still feeling guilty.

When she put her phone away she thought about Fernando's message she had received before she had left the hotel again. He had sent her a photo of himself with the caption that he was thinking about her and looking forward to tonight. She had been staring at the photo for at least a few minutes and he had been looking hot, clearly fresh out of the shower and not wearing a shirt. She wasn't used to get photos like this and she made sure to never show it to Abby or anyone else for that matter. Fernando kept surprising her as he was so different from any guy she had been with, but his eyes and smile weren't on the same level as Seb's. She found herself comparing Fernando to Seb once again and she was irritated with herself for doing that. It was time to stop thinking about Seb and focusing on Fernando and enjoying this night.

'You came,' Fernando said with a smile when Keira had made her way to the bar where he was sitting already. 'I was getting worried,' he grinned and he winked when he saw her looking startled.

'I got lost,' she tried to explain herself and she took of her jacket. Making sure her dress was still covering everything that it needed to she sat down next to Fernando. Still a bit nervous she turned her head to him and smiled.

'I can understand that, I have done that myself many times,' he said and he signed to the barman to order some drinks. 'Complications of the job, travelling all over the world to unknown destinations,' he added while putting his hand on Keira's.

She felt herself blush at his touch and she didn't pull her hand away, instead she looked at Fernando ordering drinks. He hadn't asked her what she wanted, so she just had to guess what she would get. She didn't really mind, as long as he wasn't getting her drunk, she would be happy. Her eyes were still lingering on his face, but she quickly looked at the rest of his body before he could catch her staring at him. He was wearing light jeans and a burgundy coloured shirt, what looked better on him than the bright red from Ferrari. His clothes were a lot tighter than the ones Seb wore and therefore it was hard not to notice his body shape.

'You like what you see?' Fernando had noticed her staring at him and he stretched to show even more of himself. His sly smile was back on his face and he nonchalantly ruffled his hair.

Instantly turning red she tried to laugh it off. 'We're never able to really see all of you when you're wearing your race suits,' she said to explain herself.

'Luckily you're able to see it now,' he winked and he passed her one of the drinks he had ordered. 'Which other drivers are you looking at then? I was hoping it's only me,' he said flirtatiously and he picked up his own non-alcoholic drink.