The Shadow Watch

The Shadow Watch by SAKlopfenstein

-- Wielding magic is a crime worthy of death in Osha.

Which means Tori should be dead --

Before committing the unforgivable crime, all the slave girl, Tori, hoped for in life was to survive another harsh Oshan winter with her best friend still laboring beside her. But when Darien is drafted into the Chancellor's infamous Shadow Legions, everything changes. In a desperate attempt to save her friend, Tori displays a sudden flash of magical power. Power unknown in the New World for hundreds of years, since the gods abandoned the world and the Chancellors rid it of their Watchers.

Though she should be executed, Tori is inexplicably spared by the Chancellor. The alluring ruler is fascinated by her power, and seeks to use it for his own gains. But all is not lost. With the help of a pair of renegade Watchers, she escapes.

Tori joins the brothers' resistance army of magical beings called the Shadow Watch. As Tori trains to become one of the last living Watchers in the world, Darien fights to maintain his humanity in the Shadow Legions, and a tormented Watcher is caught in a game of power that may determine the trajectory of the New World.

As Tori's powers grow greater and her control weaker, the Chancellor sets out on a quest for revenge, the New World plunges into a brutal war, and an ancient terror threatens the hope of all.

Fantasy
Completed