The next day was the first Monday of term. By the time I woke up it was 11:30 and everyone was gone except the vampire brothers.

I found Damon sitting on the double seater sofa in the living room. As usual my heartbeat quickened and he looked round licking his lips.

"Don't you look beautiful today?" I knew he meant tasty, my eyes would look dull with my lack of power and my knee length hair hadn't even been brushed yet. I blushed under my pale skin.

"You mean I smell tasty. Well so do you." He laughed but my small voice hardly made it sound like a joke. "Where's Stefan?"

"My baby brother is cooking."

"That's nice, but I'm thirsty." I thought my voice sounded stronger and that my eyes may of looked a bit brighter, but I couldn't be sure.

Damon liked me; he just never acted like it when other people were around. I sat next to him on the sofa then rested my head on his side, shivering to make myself seem as cold as my laver blood made me feel. But before Damon could put his arm around me Stefan came in with a plate of bacon. Damon pushed me to the over side of the sofa where I sat up and took my food from Stefan.

"Brother, I think she's cold."

"Damon... fine I'll get her some blankets." Stefan walked out mumbling.

I was longing for Damon's touch, just looking at him made my heart pound with joy. I put my plate on the floor and crawled over to Damon. I felt like a puppy but I was sure I was in love. I laid my head on his chest and heard Damon's hurt beat quicken for just a few seconds. He put his arm around me and I curled into his side. Now I knew I was in love, but had on way of knowing if Damon felt the same. We stayed like this until Damon heard his brother come in, when he pushed me to the over side of the sofa.

Stefan was carrying 2 blankets one think blue one and the over thin and a dark red. He put them by my side. I took the red one and huddled up to the arm of the sofa.

"Do you want any think else?"

"Yes please, could I have a rabbit, I'm thirsty."

"You can," as he went to the door he turned to Damon, "look after her."

"I know, I will." And with that Stefan left.

I stayed were I was for a few minutes before curling over to Damon. Laid my head on his lap, at first he tensed, unsure what to do. I shivered then Damon gently stroked my hair.

"What is up with you, little wolf?" joked Damon.

"Nothing I'm feeling stronger." My voice was still weak.

"That's good! How thirsty are you?" he sounded concerned.

"I can wait." With that Damon put his arm around me. A few minutes later nothing had changed. But now I knew a way to find out if he felt the same way that I did. I couldn't use any power, so I had to stay calm.

I knew what I needed to do and I went straight to it. I cut my lip on my tooth, and then went to kiss Damon, lightly, on the lips. A small pearl of blood was left on his lip, which he liked off, after I pulled away. I could see the hunger in his eyes and could sense how much he wanted more. I knew he wouldn't bit me, so I cut my finger and drew a line of blood down from my ear to my collar bone, perfectly lining a vein. Damon grabbed my head, I thought that he was going to push me to the side, but he didn't. He moved my head near his chest then bent down. I soon felt the sharp pain of his fangs in my neck. The slow pull of pain as blood left my vein. Damon held me tightly and soon I was overwhelmed by a sense of love and joy. I lost track of time.