You Have No Character

The next morning, I heard something like a knock at my door.

     ...Is that someone knocking at the door?

     "...Huh...?"

     Who could it be at this hour? A bill collector? What time is it...clock, clock...

     I let out a quiet and abrupt yelp as I realized where I was at. 

     Oh...right, I got to stay at the palace last night!

     Then I heard more knocking on the door, like the person was getting impatient.

     "Uh, yes, come in!" I called out to the door.

     The door creaked open and Prince Jun walked in. "Honestly, you've been asleep forever. So much for your diligence." He said.

     "Oh, sorry." I apologized.

     "So then, have you made your decision?"

     "...It's only been one night! This is no matter for  snap judgment."

     "Hmph...You could say that again. Well, whatever. You're going out today."

     "Huh? Going out to where?"

     "Sightseeing."

     My eyes lit up when he said that word. "Sightseeing?!"

     "You're already here, so you might as well. I'll show you around."

     "W-WHAT?!"

     Is he serious? The prince himself as a guide would be too indulgent.

     I raised my arms and waved them , while laughing nervously. "Ah, no, no! I must refuse! I can show myself around!"

     Prince Jun smirked and replied, "No buts. If you were to go alone, the bracelet might be stolen again."

     I was about to retaliate but I shut my mouth. He does have a point...

     "B-But it doesn't have to be you. I mean, Ivan or someone else..." I started to say.

     Then Prince Jun glared at me. "...So...You don't want to go with me?"

     Those eyes again. A fathomless deep blue, that seems to pierce my heart.

     With a slight shakiness in my voice I replied, "N-No...it's not that..."

     Prince Jun seemed to smile again. "Then it's decided. Meet me in 30 minutes." He started to walk away.  "Don't be late, or you're left behind." He called that over his shoulder as he left the room.

     I stared at the door and wondered, Is he still just toying with me...?

     I wasn't sure if he was or not so just in case, I quickly got ready to meet him.

     "You're late." Prince Jun glared at me.

     My eyes widened in surprisement. "N-No way! Aren't I right on time?!"

     "I heard 5 minutes early is considered on time where you came from, am I wrong?"

     What? I've never heard of that before.

     Prince Jun rolled his eyes. "Whatever. Get in."and he gestured in front of him with his chin. Looking over, I saw a luxurious black car waiting with the car door open.

     I was paralyzed with awe. "Is...is this..."

     It's the same car I rode yesterday. So, does that mean we're going in a limo?

(Cont. After Alvah's) You Are My Sweet Prince - Junजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें