Part 1

LOVE WOUNDS

1

I laid in the bed as tears fell freely from my eyes, looking at my cell, wondering if he would ever call again. I was dying to pick it up, press and hold the number two key, and be connected directly to him. But I couldn't, or more honestly, I wouldn't! I was hurt and he didn't seem to want to understand where I was coming from. So, what if he apologized! Was I supposed to just forget how what he said made me feel, instantly, like a light switch was flipped. I know I'm good, but I'm not that good.

So, there I sat, crying, wishing the door would open and he'd be standing there looking at me, with those lost eyes. But this time, I knew that wasn't how it was going to happen. This time, I feared I'd never see him again, not as my man anyway. This time, I think maybe things went too far. I don't how we ended up here. It wasn't even that big of an issue. But then, the ones that ruin relationships never are.

I whipped my head around, startled by the sound of my cell ringing. It wasn't him, not my boo, the ring tone was normal. But my heart jumped for a second at the thought... maybe, just maybe he had made the first move.

"Hel...hello?"

"Quine?"

"Como?" I responded.

"Marie aqui?"

"WHAT!" I screamed, taking the phone away from my face, looking at it with disgust. "Hell no there's no freaking Marie, aqui! Wrong number Puta!" I slammed the phone shut and threw it across my bed.

My reflection caught my attention and I stood up and walked over to my dresser. I was a hot mess. My hair was scattered all over my head as were my clothing. I turned and slumped down on the floor, with my back against my footboard.

"Why can't he just say he isn't letting me go?" I yelled to no one. There I go again adding fuel to the fire. This is why he's mad at me now. I just can't let things go, or so he said. I mean, usually he's pissed off because I move on too fast. I wish he'd make up his mind. This back and forth is exhausting. How am I supposed to know which one he is looking for at that moment?

I reached up over my head and felt around for my phone. I could hear it vibrating and picked it up only to see I had a new text message. From I.C.E.

"IT'S HIM!!!" I smiled. I.C.E. he is my In Case of Emergency (ICE) person.

I didn't say I wanted us to be over. I said, if that's what you want, then I won't stand in your way...His message informed me.

'What the hell? Is that supposed to be his way of saying he wants me? Really? Seriously? What the hell does that even mean? See this is exactly what I mean,' I thought to myself.

'Well, I began in my reply. If that's your way of fighting for me, then fine, have it your way!' That'll teach him, I thought and pressed send. Why can't a man just come out and say 'GIRL I LOVE YOU, I AIN'T GOING NO WHERE!!!' I guess that's too hard to do! Too much to get past their huge egos! Now he's tired and wants to go to sleep his reply says. Are you serious, in the middle of all this he wants to go to sleep? Call it a night and just let it be? Again, I reply "FINE", rolling my eyes, and mumbling, as if he could see or hear me through the phone.

I just wanted him to show up, to hold me, and tell me he loved me. But as of right now, I don't even know if that's possible!