Chapter One: Serenity

Three more days of this. Only three more days until I can finally graduate from initiation. Three more days in this hell. Three more days until the Principal will call me in. I couldn't wait-until my best friend got called... and never came back. Everyone talks about how great it will be to graduate initiation, but they don't have the full story. They don't understand that once you are called, you never come back. No one does. No one believes me. No one will listen to me. They think I am the crazy kid that's losing it. Now, I can't wait till I graduate. Then, at least, I can search for Miracle and the other Graduates.

Miracle was my only friend in Initiation Camp. We grew extremely close, and away from the other Initiates. We were two peas in a pod. We were complete opposites. She was an angel, I was a demon. She had the lightest blonde hair that floated behind her and the bluest eyes. I contrasted her with almost every aspect of our bodies. My raven black hair was not even close as silky and smooth as Miracle's was. Her eyes were warm and inviting, whereas mine were hard, cold, and gray. The only thing that we made us similar was our skin, which was practically translucent. When she graduated, I was left with nothing. She was my warmth, my happiness, my best friend. When she left, I was a cold empty shell that couldn't do anything.

I only knew one thing: I had to find Miracle.