Carpe Diem

Prologue

Draco Malfoy.

The wealthy, pureblooded Prince of Slytherin. The cold, arrogant, and cruel arch nemesis of the Boy Who Lived, Harry Potter. Hater of Muggles and  Mudbloods.

That’s what he was known for throughout Hogwarts, but what most didn’t know was that Draco Malfoy had a secret.

He was in love with Hermione Granger.

The muggle-born, know-it-all, best friend of Potter. She represented the opposite of everything he and his family stood for but he couldn’t help but be drawn to her. Unlike most of the female population of Hogwarts, who practically drooled at the sight of him, Hermione refused to join his “fan club” and that’s one thing that he liked about her. He wanted a girl who could match him in wit and intelligence and who wasn’t afraid to stand up for herself. But of course no one could ever know this so as much as it pained him to do it, he still went around calling her a mudblood and making fun of her looks.

Hermione hadn’t changed much from her first year at Hogwarts. Her hair was only slightly less bushy, she still dressed in the same bookwormish fashion that she always does, and she wore no makeup. But to Draco, she had an inner beauty, unrivaled by any other witch at Howarts, or anywhere else for that matter. She was everything Draco wanted in a girl and more. But he would never tell her this because he knew that she hated him. To her, he was still the same arrogant bastard that constantly tormented her and the rest of the “Golden Trio” for the past six years.

Now they were in their seventh year and as the Head Boy, Draco found himself having to share a common room with the Head Girl, who was, of course, none other than Hermione. This was going to be the year that Draco made Hermione change her opinion of him.

He was going to make her fall in love with him.