I shrugged, "You're my family, I think I have a pass."

_____________

My books were around me as I struggled to keep my eyes open. I was beyond tired tonight but nothing was more important than staying awake as it was now. He was here and I wasn't safe.

A light knock on my door told me that one of my brothers were checking on me. I gave a sigh as I went to open the door but was surprised when Colin stood there, his backpack over his shoulder.

"I thought you could use a study partner." He smirked.

Automatically my face heated up and I wanted to touch my cheek again as the echo continued from his lips on my cheek. I opened the door so he could make his way into my room. It was late at night but I'm assuming my brothers had let him in, to distract me knowing that my homework had been done for hours.

He sat on the chair across the room while I resumed my seat on the bed. Everything was different with him in the room. I found myself more relaxed and completely distracted from my books. And for once since the call I wasn't thinking about Shane at all.

I yawned closing my eyes briefly, it was dark, everything was dark. My heartbeat accelerated in my chest and I jerked myself awake. My eyes found Colin's who was staring at me with concern.

"You seem tired Kitty." He mumbled as he set his books down on the desk.

"A little." I yawned, "But I can't sleep. I'll see him and I don't.."

Colin stood up and began picking up the books around me, handing me one he smiled, "Read one." He set the books on the ground beside the bed before grabbing one of his textbooks and coming back over to the bed. "Or help me figure out this math review."

Rolling my eyes I scooted over so he could sit beside me on the tiny bed. "Only because I did promise to help before."

He gave me a brilliant smile and plopped on the bed. The questions weren't hard, in fact, I'd already finished this exact sheet days ago the hardest part was getting distracted but Colin's closeness. A few times I caught him staring at me while I was trying to explain a problem but after hours I finally got him to understand and to start working on the few problems he had left on his own.

His smell wafted through my nose and I felt safe with him beside me, something that'd I'd never felt. It was a strong feeling and one that caused me to be overcome with exhaustion. I soon found myself closing my eyes into the first dreamless sleep in what felt like forever.

Waking up I felt refreshed and warm. Lifting my head from Colin's shoulder slowly I realized what I had done. I had slept through the night, with no nightmares. I stared at Colin, who was still asleep, in amazement. He helped me, he could give me sleep and peace.

Colin stirred and grinned sleepily at me, "Morning Kitty Kat."

I couldn't move, I couldn't say anything. I knew he couldn't spend every night with me but maybe if I explained it to him he would come over once a week so I could sleep.. Maybe..

"Hey?" Colin sat up, his face twisting with confusing and concern as he studied my face, "What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"I slept through the night." I mumbled.

He laughed, "I noticed." His fingers trailed under my eyes and I backed away slightly, "You don't look as tired as before but you do look like you could use some more."