"Alright then." Sonic shrugged his shoulders as he walked over to the duo. He patted his ebony rival's right shoulder to get his attention, the action finally making Shadow switch from watching Amy like a hawk to gazing at him. "Tails said he needs to do few more tests. Do you think you'd mind...?"

"...Watch her," was all he got as a response from Shadow, the ebony agent shooting Amy a warning look before he walked past him and out of the kitchen, most likely for heading Tails' workshop as had been asked of him.

Sonic raised a curious eye-ridge at the seemingly random remark, not sure how to interpret it. Rubbing the back of his neck in thought, the speedster turned to Amy, a questioning look on his face. "So...what was that about?"

"Who knows," Amy replied quickly, moving to the kitchen counter and then starting to remove all the dishes and kitchen utensils that were no longer necessary.

Sonic frowned lightly at the clearly rushed reply, sensing Amy was wasn't being completely honest with him. But he didn't call her on that as she continued speaking.

"He just came and started to give me this really mean eye," Amy said, a small frown on her face as she turned her head to look at him again. "Why is he even here? Shouldn't Rouge be the one looking after him when she works with him?"

"She's busy — trying to get Shadow's blood-sample from GUN so that Tails could find an antidote to the serum," Sonic explained, giving her a helping hand with moving the dishes to the sink.

"And how long is he going to stay with you?"

"Dunno. Probably few days." Sonic shrugged his shoulders, now turned to the dish-filled sink and thus missing the discontented look that flashed across the female's face. "Maybe more. It really depends on when Tails finishes the antidote."

"I see..." Amy muttered quietly, not sounding exactly enthusiastic about this fact. Sonic wasn't either, but he didn't let it show anyhow and instead focused his attention on helping Amy finish their lunch.

The less he thought about it, the better.

~O~

"This is a very late lunch..." Tails commented as he sat down at the kitchen table, looking over to the pink and blue duo that were just placing the food on the plates.

"Or you can look at it as an early dinner!" Sonic commented with a chuckle and a light jab to the fox's ribs as he placed a food-filled plate before the fox."Eat up!"

As he plopped himself down onto his own seat, Sonic placed his own plate onto the table. "By the way, where's Shads?"

"He should be here in a minute," Tails replied in between his bites, "I ran few tests to ensure the serum doesn't have any negative effects on his stamina or senses, so he's getting a shower to freshen up."

"Oh, alright then."

"You two could have waited for me, you know," Amy commented with a frown as she sat down next to the already dining heroes, clearly considering the fact that they had started to eat before she even had the chance to seat herself as rude.

Sonic gave a light laugh. "Sorry, Ames, but if you got attacked by Eggman as often as we do, you would know eating fast is the key – otherwise you could end up having to fight hundreds of robots with an empty stomach for the rest of the day," Sonic explained, Tails giving a hum of agreement as with his mouth full he couldn't give an proper answer. "-And, besides, it's better to eat while the food's still warm!"

"Food doesn't get cold in a single minute," she commented, still giving them a disapproving look.

However, Amy's remark was ignored as at that moment a clinking of metal shoes against kitchen tiles sounded, announcing Shadow's arrival.