However, this was a wrong move as Shadow immediately used the opportunity to get his tongue past his peach lips. The blue hero let out another startled yelp, for a moment not sure how to react to this uninvited guest in his mouth. However, once he got over his initial shock he immediately started to fight the intruder, using his own tongue to try to push the foreign muscle out of his mouth.

But Shadow seemed to have no intention of letting his oral cavity alone, pushing back with even more vigor than him and using the slipperiness of their mixed saliva to his advantage.

A shiver ran up Sonic's spine as he suddenly felt hand being placed on his hip, not sure when Shadow had managed to change the grip on his wrists to just using one of his hands to hold both of his arms immobile while the other ran up and down his side, the hand leaving strange prickling sensation where it touched him.

Sonic let out a quiet whine, not liking the fact that he was undoubtedly losing the battle and afraid of what would happen if he let it continue.

And so he bit.

Hard.

As expected, Shadow immediately lurched backwards, a cry of pain mixed with surprise leaving the agent's throat. Sonic immediately tried to use this moment of distraction to twist out of the other's hold while at the same time trying to ignore the taste of Shadow's blood in his mouth — he hadn't meant to bite that hard.

But before he could fully get his hands free of the other's hold, Shadow managed to pull himself together and tighten the grasp on his wrists again. Sonic gulped heavily when he felt this, wondering if his death would at least be fast.

But then Shadow raised his gaze, the sight striking Sonic speechless as the emotion that he saw in the agent's eyes wasn't rage like he had expected.

The emotion was hurt. And the blue hero just couldn't understand why would such emotion be in his rival's eyes.

However, Sonic didn't even have the time to think about possible cause of this strange occurrence as a moment later the ebony agent looked away and let go of his wrists completely. Baffled by this occurrence even more than the previous one, the hero hesitantly drew his hands back to his sides, unsure what to think of this gesture when the ebony hedgehog had seemed so adamant about keeping him immobilized just a moment before.

However, even this train of thought was abandoned soon as the ebony hedgehog's hands shot forward without a warning once again. The first one grabbed his hip, while the other somehow managed to find its way through the half-bristled quills on his back, both pulling him closer to their owner who immediately buried his face into the junction of his shoulder and neck.

Feeling how the other's hot breath washed over his neck, the blue hero froze at the spot, his brain trying to quickly figure out whether fighting or staying calm should be his next move; letting him use his hands would be an unreasonable decision on Shadow's side if the agent meant to harm him —this way he could defend himself to possible attack— so Shadow clearly didn't plan to hurt him...

However, this conclusion was forgotten even faster than it was made — as in the very next moment teeth grazed against Sonic's sensitive throat and the hero's system immediately become flooded with panic at the thought that the dark hedgehog might have just given him a false feeling of safety to have a chance to tear his throat open. Faster than a lighting the cobalt hero brought his hands up and pressed them against the dark shoulders in desperate attempt to pull away.

"No, no, no-please!"

However, instead of teeth sinking into his flesh like he had expected, he felt only a gentle nibble on his shoulder; which was not long after followed by a soft kiss to the same spot, the action making his breath hitch. But said kiss wasn't the only one his shoulder received; his neck was soon showered with soft kisses and nibbles, the instance not feeling exactly unpleasant...

More like the opposite...

Sonic actually found himself suppressing a moan of pleasure — which was exactly the moment when his brain officially shut down as it just wasn't able to deal with all the contradicting signals that its owner's body and mind were sending it.

Pull yourself together, Sonic! This guy is freaking harassing you! his inner voice of reason commanded him, knowing it needed to draw him out of his daze before it was too late. But despite the order, the hero's arms still embraced the dark hedgehog instead of pushing him away.

He's just placating you now-!

But despite its best efforts, the dazed hedgehog still barely registered the voice — or how Shadow's hand slid down over his hip bone and then settled on the outer side of his right tight.

However, when said leg was pulled upward, the action didn't come unnoticed by Sonic, despite the fact that the ebony agent continued to give ceaseless caress to his neck in order to distract him.

And it didn't take a genius to figure out in what kind of direction was Shadow subtly trying to steer their situation.

The cobalt hero took a deep breath to get some clarity back into his dazed mind, the voice falling silent when it felt him gaining control again. Taking another deep breath, Sonic opened his mouth to speak, hoping his voice would come out strong despite the fact that his body didn't feel like it at the moment. "Shadow, stop..."

The dark hedgehog let out some strange sound that resembled both growl and whine at the same time, clearly not liking the idea of following his demand.

"Shadow, please! This is not the time for this!" Sonic tried, hoping his words would somehow reach whatever remained of the dark agent's rational side — Eggman's serum couldn't have shut it down completely. "Eggman can come back to check on us at any moment now! And once he sees you haven't killed me yet, he'll try to do it himself!"

Sonic wasn't entirely sure if he should take the fact that Shadow had started to growl when hearing this as a good sign or not.

However, just then Shadow finally raised his gaze from his neck, those crimson eyes filled with rage that definitely wasn't aimed at him — more like on the idea of Dr. Eggman hurting him. The hero let out a deep exhale, relieved that his impromptu plan seemed to be working so far.

Green eyes turned to stare into crimson ones that, alongside rage, were still displaying the strange emotion that he couldn't place. "...We'll continue this after we get out of here. What do you say about that?" he asked, hoping the other would take the bait.

The dark hedgehog tilted his head to the side slightly, a tiny hint of distrust visible in the red orbs. "...Promise?"

A little spark of hope ignited in the hero's heart at hearing Shadow speak up — at the thought that the serum might already be leaving the other's system. Believing the ebony hedgehog would already be back to his usual grumpy anti-social self once they were out of here, the hero didn't hesitate to nod. "Yes, I promise."

This confirmation was all it took to make Shadow start trying to get them out of their little cell.

And to this day, Sonic still wonders how Shadow had managed to spin-dash through two-foot thick steel door.