"How did you control her when she was in the attic?"

"I didn't have to. But then, I never killed her boyfriend," Marcel retorted.

"Yes, yes. We've been over this part already," the Hybrid waved his hand in dismissal. "The point is in her present state she's useless as a tool against the witches."

"She's not a tool," Madison frowned.

"Something's wrong with her."

"She has too much power that she cannot control. That much we already knew. But why is it manifesting itself in such an aggressive manner?" Elijah stood up abruptly, heading towards the door when his brother called out to him.

"Where are you going?" A look of confusion crossed Klaus' face.

"This is witch business. Let's ask a witch."

"Yeah, great idea. Go waste time trying to find Sophie," Madison snapped. "It's not like you have the Supreme living with you or anything."

"We don't want you to get hurt."

"I'm having a baby with Klaus. Getting hurt is kinda part of the package," Madison rolled her eyes and walked out of the room, into the hallway.

"Then tell us what is happening," Elijah caught her wrist.

The witch freed herself from his grip, a glare still set on her face, "Sophie made me go through your old journals so that she could dig up Celeste. And before you lecture me, I know I should've asked you. I also know you loved her, and that you promised she'd be buried and left in peace so that the coven couldn't take her magic. But I did it anyway." 

"You not only violated my privacy, you have broken my promise to her," Elijah was clearly upset. "Why?"

"Sophie said she'd undo the curse on mine and Hayley's family."

"You don't care about them."

"You're right. I don't, but Hayley does, and I care about her." Madison turned on her heel and started down the hallway. "Maybe you should go to Sophie for all this. She's a better leader than I'll ever be."

-

Madison packed canned food into boxes, trying her hardest to keep her sobs silent as Klaus walked down the stairs, but to no avail.

"What are you doing?" Klaus questioned, worry crossing his face when he noticed the tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Hayley and I were gonna take these to the – "

"If you say, Bayou, I will find a nice comfy dungeon and throw you in it. This is not the night to be out there – "

"For anyone," Madison cut him off this time. "But some people don't have a choice."

Klaus was silent for a moment before letting out a sigh, picking up one of the boxes, "Right. Grab that lot and come with me."

-

The Hybrid and the Supreme entered St Anne's  carrying the boxes of food. Madison's eyes widened at the sight of all the people taking refuge in the church.

The priest, Father Kieran, rushed to the pair, "We still haven't gone through all that you've already provided, Klaus."

Klaus smiled and looked over at Madison, "Well, this newest bit isn't from me."

"Oh? That's very kind of you..." he trailed off, not knowing her name, or that they had family members in common.

"Madison," she looked at the people filling the church. "And these people are?"