eight

The loud thud of Madison's body hitting the floor could be heard from outside the small shack.

"Did you hear that?" Hayley questioned the Original at her side.

He nodded and pushed open the wooden door, his eyes widening when he saw the pregnant witch in a pool of her own blood.

"Oh my god," Hayley panicked, rushing to the body to check for a heartbeat. "I don't feel a pulse."

Madison looked down at her hands, which were now clear of blood. Her green eyes darted around the dimly lit street and her hand flew to her stomach which was now flat. The witch stood up and began to walk forward when she heard a voice call out to her.

It was same voice she heard on the worst night of her life. It was the voice that she heard over and over again when she died. The same voice that haunted her dreams.

"Where do you think you're going, sugar?"

The man stood in front of her, blocking her path.

"Please don't, I just wanna go home," the words fell from her lips without her noticing.

The pair had the exact same conversation that terrible night.

"You say that every time, you should know by now that it's never gonna be different," he said. This was different.

Madison just laughed and flicked her wrist like she should've done when it first happened. He neck snapped and he fell to floor along with all his drunk friends.

A figure stepped from the shadows, clapping slowly. Madison froze in her place as the figure stepped in front of her. The dim street light illuminated their face. She had pale skin and blonde hair, matching Madison's, and brown eyes that the Supreme could never forget.

"Hello Madison," the woman smiled. "Do you remember me?"

"Of course," Madison watched her face light up in joy. "You never forget why you're screwed up. You're my reason."

The Supreme smirked as the woman in front of her frowned, "Do you know why I'm here?"

"Oh god, is this my new hell?" Madison muttered to herself. "I'm going to be forced to spend eternity reliving this over and over, aren't I?"

"Not quite."

-

The pair had dragged Madison's body outside the shack, covering the corpse with a blanket in an attempt to stop the flies from eating away at her.

Elijah had managed to get Hayley to finally stop crying but then the werewolf venom in his veins began to effect him and she had to help him onto a bed. The Original tossed and turned, sweating and groaning as the werewolf tended to him.

Hayley handed him a cup of water, "Here, drink this."

He took a tentative sip from the cup but began to cough and gag.

"Forgive me. Please."

"It's okay." She glanced at him briefly. "Remind me to annihilate your brother once you're healthy."

"Yes, remind me to remind you to get in line," Elijah spoke weakly.

"It doesn't help that we decided to shack up in a swamp either." Hayley walked out onto the porch looking at Madison's blanket covered corpse, leaving the door open as she did. Elijah began to cough more and the werewolf rushed back to his side. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Please, just... return to your reading," he said dismissively.

"I went through the whole thing. It's just a regular Bible with an entry in a family tree that may or may not be me. But, you know, I've been a little busy worrying about you."