1

"You're kidding, right?" She asked, bewildered. I shrugged, using my straw to stir my drink before connecting my eyes with her.

"Its not a big deal, Lav." I mumbled, leaning back into the plastic booth.

"Of course its a big deal, Meadow! The Niall Horan fucking claimed you." She gushed, a huge grin spreading across her lips. I raised an eyebrow, shaking my head. Crossing my arms over my chest, I leaned forward, scanning to make sure no one was listening in on our conversation. 

"Its not like he's bed me yet."  I whispered, narrowing my eyes at her. She spluttered out her drink, earning multiple weird looks. I stifled my laugh, handing her some napkins.

"Dammit!" She cursed, flushing a bright pink while cleaning up her mess.

"Its only the truth." I murmured, noisily slurping my drink.

"So you're saying, when he does try, you'll accept?" She questioned, wide eyed. 

"I'm not denying it. I mean, its the Niall Horan, man. Like, come on." I reasoned, shrugging.

"Point taken." She giggled, adding a nod. 

"I need more food." I grumbled, sliding out of the seat.

"Fat ass." Lav spoke quietly, not meaning for me to hear it.

"Love you to, Lavender." I retorted while rolling my eyes, hearing her playful scoff as I walked over to the growing line that was in front of the cash. 

I rested my weight on my right foot, digging in my jean pocket for my loose money that was carelessly shoved inside. I mentally counted the total, squinting at the boards above the work area to choose my food choice.  I scrunched my nose at the over priced foods, deciding on a cookie. It wasn't the healthiest choice, nor very filling, but it was cheap and I was poor.

I was snapped out of my own little world, a thick accent interrupting me. 

"Well hello, beautiful." I blushed at the nickname, butterflies swimming in my belly as the words smoothly rolled off his tongue, his accent making them sound so much better.

"Hi." I squeaked, my green eyes catching with his sparkling blue ones.

"What brings you here?' He asked, slightly tilting his head to the left. I took a quick glance at Lavender, seeing her eyes grow big as she realized who was standing in front of me. Niall seemed to follow my gaze, giving a charming smile to Lavender, who grew red quite quickly. 

"Having a meet up with a friend." I replied quietly, noticing I was next in line. Before he could reply, I walked past him, placing my order. I handed my money to the girl behind the counter, who became clumsy as she noticed the male beside me. She handed me small brown paper bag, which held my sugary filled snack. 

"Mind if I join?" He questioned with a raised eyebrow, blue eyes boring into mine. I hesitated, seeing Lavender curiously observe our conversation. 

"I...uh..." I murmured trailing off, unsure of what to say. Did I wan him to join? Of course I did, but Lavender would be all awkward and blushy the whole time. She wouldn't know what to do, or say. Meanwhile I on the other hand, would be the total opposite. Yeah, I'd be all tingly and have butterflies, like I do currently, but it'd be nice to have him join us. It'd be nice to have him meet my closest friend, who was pretty well my sister. And, well, I wanted her to meet the guy that I was, seeing? I had no idea what we were currently. After all, he did claim me his. But that could mean anything, cant it? 

I was broken out of my thoughts by hearing him chuckle, and feeling the warmth of his hand in mine. He tugged me over to the table my best friend was sitting at, head down. He motioned me to slid into the booth, which I did, him sliding in beside me. His thigh was pressed against mine, igniting a heat throughout my body. He leaned his forearms onto the table in front of him, tilting his head at the flustered girl. 

"And you are?" He asked her, highly amused by her state. She sent me a panic glance, which I replied by showing to take a deep breath. She complied, closing her eyes in the process. As she calmed, she finally answered him, not meeting his eyes.

"L-Lavender." She stammered, taking another breath. He slowly nodded, tongue tracing over his top lip.

"Pretty name." He complimented her, making her cheeks burn a bright pink.

"T-Thanks." She cleared her throat, twirling her straw. Or doing anything else that prevented her from making eye contact and socializing. 

Niall quickly typed on his phone as I watched the car whiz by outside. My attention was brought back to Niall as he started to speak.

"I gotta go baby, the boys want me to hang. I'll come by yours later." He said, placing a soft kiss on my cheek before turning to Lavender. "Nice meeting you." He gave her a simple nod before winking at me and walking away.

Lavender let out a huge breath, slumping in her seat, glaring at me.

"That had to be the most awkward thing ever." She groaned, shaking her head.

"I wasn't expecting him to come, nor for him to ask if he could join us!" I gushed.

"Whatever Meadow, but next time, can you at least give me a warning so I can at least look presentable?" She giggled, lightening the tense atmosphere.