Chapter one: Cold Boy

Rushing with toast in my mouth is the first thing my neighbors see every morning. Yes I over sleep but that's not my fault I have sleeping pills which without them I would fall off the deep end.

As I made my way to the car I quickly ate my toast and popped one of my anti-depressants. Well you might ask why the hell is this chick taking meds. I'll tell you later but for the time being I'm rushing to work. I drove quickly and made my way to the elementary school in record time.

I raced to the principals office and knocked on the door. Stood there was an old man. He'd look like the boring college professor you'd hang out with but wouldn't admit it. He had a warm smile that'll make you smile back.

"You must be Ms. Annabelle Smith. I'm Mr. Heard the principle. ", he said with that warm smile.

I just nodded out of breath before I stood up straight and followed him till we reached my class. The classroom was dull but I could easily fixed that.

"So Ms. Smith you'll handle the first graders that seems like a challenge does it not"

"No I can handle anything you throw at me"

He smiled and went on his way. I walked in the class and put my bag in my desk drawer. I sat on my desk and simply waited for my students.

I simply lost track of time before my class filled up with children of different races and attitudes. My eyes struck with one boy. His eyes were cold and he sat alone his dark hair looked like it was being ruffled and he was simply adorable.

As the bell sound meaning school was starting I quickly sat up making their eyes focus on me.

"Hello class. My name is Anabelle Smith. You can call me Ms. Ana if you like or Ms. Smith. Today I wanna start today with an assignment. In this assignment you will begin with a sheet of paper. On the paper you write what makes you happy. "

I passed out the paper to each student and all but one quickly started on it but the little boy. I frowned in disappointment and walked over to the boy.

"Hello"

He didn't say anything.

"Don't you wanna write something? "

He shook his head.

"Why not? "

"There's nothing to be happy about. "

So he can speak he's just upset.

"I'm sure they're is. "

He shook his head. I poured and he looked at me almost sad.

"Why are you sad? "

Huh

"Will writing make you happy? "
I was confused but nodded. He quickly picked up a pencil and started writing. I sat back at my desk and smiled in approval.

So far so good.

.

.

.

.

.

As the kids left for recess I was reading their papers. Most of the kids were saying their moms most kids saying a toy but then I read the little boys. So.... James that's his name.... What makes him happy is.....