Bow and arrow

You know that time where you finally figure out what your made to do in the world? You finally feel relieved to know. You always wanted to know and now that feeling is on your fingertips and you just know and you get really excited and happy. Well this isn't about feeling happy abou that feeling. This is about the complete opposite. If you don't like how this has started so far you may want to go ahead and put it down. This is adventure, nature, loss, life, and suprises you wished would happen. To not ruin this im going to go ahead and tell you my story. Here it goes.

The wind blows through my dark, brunette hair and barely caresses my ivory, lightly freckled face. My khaki's catch the breeze that goes up and around my legs and then through my black, skintight, light undershirt. With my bow and arrow in my hand I try to have a fun day in the woods with me, animals, and the smell of the trees, plants and lake nearby. I hear the bush beside me rustle and im suddenly snapped back into reality and whip my head toward the bush with my arrow cocked in the exact place it should. I am prepared for any animal that would come through the bush. Then there is a "swoosh" and a rabbit comes racing out and I immediatly let go and hit the rabbit through the stomach. "I'm sorry", I say as i take out my knife and do what I have to, to keep the animal from suffering. I dont like to know that an animal is suffering and cant help itself so i kill them and take them home for my mother, father, brother and sister.

I realize I should be going back home so I go to the lake and refill my canteen and take a few sips while keeping my head raised and watching my back. This is just in case of an emergancy. I get up and start lightly jogging through the woods with the occasional ducking and dodging tree branches and thorn bushes.

An hour goes by and I can see my house. Made of wood and stone, here and there, with the smoke from the fire coming high into the sky and slowly disappearing into the baby blue sky. The bright yellow rays of the sun blind me when I look too far up, to see the chimney of my tiny but amazing house.

Once i reach the back of my house I see my whole family outside. There's my mother, Azolla. Shes a brunette with natural red tinted highlights all over her hair and fair skin with few freckles and a slender but motherly body stature. Then theres my father, Cumin. Who has the same hair color as me but he's tall, very muscular, and suprisingly tan. He is where i learnt all of my weapondry lessons from. Then there is my siblings. Thistle, who is 10, has the more reddish hair color, and slightly tan. His hair is more red than my mother's and his body is built suprisingly more like my mother too, but maybe it is because he is still young. My sister, Tigerlilly, is only 6 and has the exact hair color as my mother's and down to her waist along with my mother's and mine. She also has fair skin with few freckles along with my mom and I. Her body is so slender and tiny it's like if she would turn to the side you wouldnt be able to see her. She is loved by everyone she meets, unlike my brother who is irritating, but I love him anyway. My whole family makes friends easily, but our town is so tiny its as if nobody even knows people live in this area.

I walk up to my family and immediatly have to open my arms as my sister screams,"Bay!". Bay is what they call me, though, my true name is Bayleaf. "Hey Tiger." I say as my little sister climbs up me as if I was a tree. A short tree is what I would be, only standing 5'5. She grabs ahold of my neck and stradles me while i envelope her in a hug wraping around her tiny little body. "Did you catch anything?", my mom says as I slowly put my sister down while she whines and whimpers. "Yea, I caught a rabbit and picked up a few roots. Its enough to make a soup and last us about two days."

"Okay, that's enough for me" says my father while everyone says, "Yea!" or "Yup!"

I have a big grin on my face while everyone smiles at me. I look down at Tiger with that big goofy grin on her face, looking up at me as if I were a giant. I love my family and my home so much. I wouldn't know what to do without them.