Chapter Two

The climb is long since the orphanage is three stories tall, but I'm more fit than anyone in the orphanage, including the caretakers.
When I get to the top, Tommy is already waiting for me. He had been playing on his phone in the meantime. "Hey how long have you been up here?" I ask him. It's still breezy out like it usually is in the mornings during the summer. A small gust of wind blows his messy black hair over his brilliant bright blue eyes. His eyes have always reminded me of my second favorite YouTuber Jacksepticeye. Whose eyes are  just as bright blue as Tommy's.

"About ten minutes, but I woke up really early today, so it's cool". He's always been so forgiving, I love that about him. Sometimes I worry that he might be too forgiving though. The caretakers here don't like any of us, they especially don't like the clever ones ( Me and Tommy). There's one of them in particular that is the absolute worst. Her name is Kristen, she's the bossiest, and most abusive of them all. She makes me so angry sometimes, all of them do. When we get in trouble they whip us with a switch, and we don't get supper, or breakfast the next day. Instead of eating breakfast in the morning we have to scrub the floors in all of the bathrooms. Just for one morning though, they don't want to get caught because they've starved one of us to death. Tommy always forgives them though. I don't like that he is so vulnerable, I'm scared people might use him. 

"Well, what are we waiting for?" I ask excitedly. I pull an old blanket from my bag and lay it out on the flat concrete roof. I pull out the bagels, and we sit down to watch a video. "TOP O THA MORNIN TO YA LADDIES! MY NAME IS JACKSEPTICEYE, AND WELCOME BACK TO ANOTHER EPISODE OF....HAAAAAPY WHEELS!!!!!" we watch an old video since the new ones for today aren't out yet. We finish the video and tear up the extra bagels and feed them to the birds that are across the roof from us. i get up and ask him if he wants to go for a run "sure.' he says. We have a weird thing about staying fit and healthy, we don't have like six packs or anything but we're pretty healthy in comparison to some people. 

"lets go!" i say excitedly. We haven't gotten outside in a couple days so I'm really excited. I walk to the edge of the roof and run full speed to the other side, when i get there i take a huge jump and land on the edge of the neighboring roof, moving out of the way quickly so that Tommy doesn't land on me. after I land i keep running towards the brick wall that usually ends our run. I wonder what might happen if i keep going further, if i jump on the shed and climb the wall, what would be there? "Forget it." i think. instead when i approach the wall I run up it and do a back flip. After I land I turn around to see Tommy desperately gasping for breath about 30 feet away.

sorry still working on this, will continue chapter 2 soon!