THE BLACKSMITH

THE BLACKSMITH

Chapter 1- The storm

This tale is set in the middle ages.  The kingdom of Metrideck, was ruled by Damanic. Metrideck was a peaceful city. King Damanic had not fought any wars during his reign as King. Damanic had ruled Metrideck for ten years, following the death of his elder brother Kanic. The kingdom of Metrideck was famous for its abundance of wild life and skilled hunters. Doni, the son of Ardoni goes into town to sellsome his kills for the day. Doni taught to himself I have to sell this meat, “fresh meat just killed today I would give a good deal one Ishpens only for a whole pot of fresh meat”. The market was crowed with people, moving back and forth. There was noise from different sections of the market, from both buyers and sellers. The groundwas wet due to drops of rain, plus the clouds were getting dark. An old man quickly rushed up to Doni and, said ''I’ll have two rabbits for one Ishpens''. Doni ''No sir that’s not a good deal I’ll give them to fortwo Ishpens''.The old man replied, ''I don’t have all day mister neither do you its about to rain or worse,a storm''. Doni ,"Okay sir give me one and half Ishpens , my father is sick I need to get some medicinefor plus some food please''. The old man takes the deal ''Alright one and half Ishpens it is'', thank you,thank sir replied Doni. Doni rushes to a nearby physician and tells him about his fathers ailment. The physician quickly shakes a small portion and tell Doni to rub it on his father's chest after he take his bath twice a day.Doni immediately pays the him and runs out of the house. The winds howls, become moreintense as it pushes shades down. The market becomes more rowdy, because the traders are trying toclose their shops. Doni runs straight out of the mark to his left was a part way made by hunters and farmers who regularly went into the forest. The  winds in force in forest wans't  strong the tall trees do a good job wind breaking job. Doni runs a few meters before he gets home. He pauses for a second at the door, to catch his breath when something as fast as lightening hit his house. The explosion there after throws Doni a few feet away from his house as he lies on the ground unconscious.