THIRTEEN

"WHY ARE you so nervous, Alfie?" Veronica smiled lightly as the man sat on their new couch in the sunny apartment, checking his phone every two seconds and bouncing his leg up and down, "It's just Kat."

"Just Kat," Alfie mocked, earning a small snort from Jesse who was draped over the loveseat lazily, scrolling through his phone. The raven-haired man checked his phone again, "Just Kat Mcnamara, star of the hit TV show, Shadowhunters, no biggie. Not to mention, Matt's coming, too."

Veronica's smile reached from ear to ear when her friend uttered those words, "Ah, so you're meeting your boyfriend for the first time. I see.

"He's not my boyfriend!" Alfie exclaimed, "He's just a cute guy who just so happens to be my celebrity crush. He's also straight, so, even if there was a small part of me that liked him, I'm doomed."

Veronica rolled her eyes, tapping away on her phone which caused Alfie to furrow his brows. After a lengthy text was sent, she handed her phone to the man, "There, I just texted Kat."

"You asked her if Matt liked me?" he asked with disbelief, "seriously, Veronica? I can't believe you!"

"Shut up, I'm doing you a favor. Almost thirty and you can't tell if a guy likes you or not, it's sad."

"I hate you."

"No you don't," Jesse cut in, "I agree with Veronica, she's so helping you out here."

"Oh my god, she texted back!" the woman gasped excitedly as she read the message, "Oh, Alfie, she said I can't tell you anything."

Veronica smiled as she began to walk away into her bedroom, causing Alfie to yell out angrily, "You're the worst!"

"I know!"