Chapter 12

I sat up quickly, panting hard. Sweat dripped down my temple, as I heaved a sigh.

A bad dream..

I steadied my breathing, before gazing out the window. The moon hung low in the sky, the bottom half holding a purple hue from the recent sunset.

I pulled off the blanket Jet must've brought in, getting up from my bed.

I picked up my light purple leather jacket off the floor, carefully slipping it on. They probably threw it down there whenever they patched me up.

I pulled down the sleeve of my jacket, checking my shoulder. I had a fresh, new bandage on, wrapped securily around my arm and shoulder.

I pulled it back up, heading towards my door. I reached out to grab my doorknob, but something caught my eye.

I looked down, to find my purple gun, sitting precariously on the table beside the door.

I looked at it with thought, before deciding to reach down and grab it. I shoved it into the holster strapped to my leg, before heading out the door.

The Diner was completely silent, meaning everyone already must've gone to bed.

I wrapped my arms around myself, finding comfort in the warmth.

A black, gaping pit filled my heart, with the absence of my sister. It felt wrong to not see her for such a long period of time.

I felt the tears try to fall, but I quickly pushed them back. Not right now...I'm not in the mood for more tears.

I walked quietly through the Diner, trying to somehow ease my conscience.

I walked over to the front glass door, peering out towards the vast desert.

Through the darkness, with the assistance of the moonlight, I could make out someones silhoette, sitting at the bottom of the porch. The orange glow of his cigerette wasn't enough to identify who it was.

I softly opened the door, the nights gust blew at my soft hair. I quietly sat down beside the figure, gazing up towards the stars.

They were so beautiful. I would do anything to live in the night sky, like a jewel within the many constellations.

He turned to me, looking at me for the longest time.

I turned to him, to see that it was Kobra.

"You look so much like her.." he mumbled.

I gently nodded. He offered me his cigerette, and I quickly accepted.

I brought it to my lips, taking a long drag. After completely filling my lungs, I passed it back to him, exhaling all of the prestigious smoke.

It swirled with the wind, dancing with the moon and stars, before disappearing.

"You know.." he started. I turned back over to him, giving his words my attention. "I really did love her." He whispered.

My heartbeat skipped for a moment.

His words hooked me, for whatever reason I wasn't sure. "Really?" I asked. I didn't really know what to say.

He pulled the cigerette from his lips, inhaling briefly through his teeth. He slowly began to nod, not ever looking me in the eyes. I bet it would hurt if he did.

"Her beautiful eyes..her gorgeous smile..her amazing laugh." He spoke, shaking his head.

He bowed his head, a stray tear drifting down his face.

It shocked me quite a bit, to actually see Kobra cry.

He is like a brother to me, the brother I never had. To see him cry, was absolutely heartbreaking.

But to know it was because of how much he loved my sister, made it that much more unbearable.

He snuffed out his cigerette, standing up to his feet. "Goodnight Nebula." He mumbled.

"Goodnight Kobra..." I whispered back.

I sighed heavily, before standing up as well. But I didn't go inside.

I walked around the side of the builiding, spotting exactly what I was looking for.

I walked up to my beautiful black bike, a smile curved at the edge of my lips.

I hooked my leg over the bike, sinking into the plush seat. I unlatched my keys from my holster, pushing the key into the ignition.

I couldn't actually believe how long it had been since I had last rode on my bike.

I revved up the engine, making sure to keep my lights off. I spun around in a U-turn, heading in the direction I never thought I would ever do before.

I was heading towards Better Living Industries.