Need You Now

[A/N: I know some of you may be waiting on a new chapter for My New Neighbor but I'm at a standstill with writers block for it. So here is a new story that I haven't been able to get out of my head and the chapters are just flowing out of me. It's going to be a pretty short story I believe but who knows. The best part is I'm writing again and will get back into MNN as soon as I can. I hope you enjoy this new story. Every chapter name is the name of a song that inspired that chapter.]

Chapter One : Need You Now

Shelly sat with her elbows propped on the bar, eyes mesmerized by the clear liquid in the glass below her, lips pressed firmly around a straw, as the liquid vanished. She let out a small huff as she pushed the empty glass towards the opposite side of the bar.

“Girls that drink water are awfully sexy.” A familiar voice, to her, whispered against her ear.

Kyle stood back, taking in the view of the blonde, curls laid perfectly down her back, a red long sleeve flannel hugged the top half of her body while tattered and torn light denim skinny jeans clung to her legs.

She slid off the stool easily, her three inch glittery red heels brought her up to a whole five foot seven, which still made her feel small in front of the who stood six foot one. An airy laugh escaped her pink lips as she wrapped her arms around Kyle’s waist.

They both stood wrapped in each others arms tightly for a few moments before Kyle reluctantly pulled back. It had been weeks since they saw each other last.

Shelly eyed his dusty cowboy boots before letting her eyes meet the green ones that were waiting expectantly.

“How’s my favorite cowboy?” She asked with genuine curiosity.

Kyle could instantly tell something was wrong as he gazed into her icy blue eyes. He hoped that tonight wasn’t an ending to their year long meetings. It probably wasn’t, as he always felt like this every time he saw her. Like it would be his last.

“Ky?” Shelly tugged on his hand, lacing her fingers with his. Her eyes filled with concern.

“Sorry.” He shook his head and smiled, leading her out of the bar, “I’ve been getting everything ready for the rider. I’m just tired.” All he wanted to really do was get her alone so he could kiss her. She never clarified to him why but apparently the public wouldn’t be too keen on their relationship.

They stepped into the private elevator as Shelly Dunn never stayed anywhere other than the penthouse during rodeo season.

Kyle fidgeted as it seemed like hours before the doors finally closed. Once they did, Shelly gripped the collar of his black flannel shirt firmly with her free hand and pulled his lips to her. He tangled his hand into her hair, kissing her so passionately she felt like she was floating.

The elevator chimed open as he let go of her hand. She crawled up his masculine body with ease and he gripped her butt to support her, before stepping into the penthouse.

-

They laid naked only tangled up in a sheet and each other. Shelly had her head rested on his bare chest as Kyle absentmindedly played with her blonde curls.

Sighing wistfully, she eyed his chin as she spoke, “I could stay like this forever.”

Kyle took his eyes off the ceiling only to rest them on his own hand playing with her hair, “What’s your home like?” His eyes went wide as the words he spoke were only supposed to be thoughts. He felt her body stiffen against him and silently wished he could take those four words back.

Shelly wasn’t sure how to respond. Rodeo life was never mixed with her personal life, sort of. Though Kyle and her had been casually seeing each other for a year, it was never personal. At least for her anyways.