仲直り Patching up

Midorima woke up at the sound of his alarm clock.

He sighed; It's going to be another long day of matches without talking to Takao, and he was dreading the day ahead. Ever since their fight, Midorima have yet to talk to Takao. He just didn't know how to to deal with the awkwardness between them.

He checked his Oha-sa rankings - Scorpio in the 11th place. This is going to be a rough day.

Takao, on the other hand was just doing his daily routine like normal; making sure that his bandage was properly secured, and that he wouldn't be bleeding all over the place during the match. He was about to walk to the rear car*, and ride to Midorima's house to pick him up; but then he suddenly remembered that they had a fight, and Midorima probably wouldn't want to see his face, and also not to mention, because of his injury. He walked away, towards the train station. He felt kind of lonely, like there was something missing. Maybe it's just that all of a sudden his daily routine (of picking shin-chan up) changed.

It was then that Takao decided that it was about time he and Midorima made up.

The team had gathered outside the stadium, and the coach was giving a final briefing on their schedule and was telling them the same old stuff about how they should behave in the stadium hall, and how they should greet the other teams.

Boring stuff. Takao yawned, he couldn't be bothered about the small little details, he just wanted to hurry up and move his body.

Midorima, on the other hand was attentively paying attention, and at the same time, checking the conditions of his fingernails - they needed to be perfect, not 1 mm off, because that would affect his shooting. In his pocket, he has his own lucky item; a mascara from a particular anime, and also another lucky item - a roll of bandage.

The coach was finally done ranting, and they were off to the registration counter when Otsubo and Miyaji walked towards Takao, Miyaji putting his arm over Takao's shoulders.

"You guys have yet to make up huh?" Miyaji said, in a light tone.

"Hmmm... not yet... Eh?! Miyaji-senpai?! Did i ever told you me and shin-chan were in a fight?"

"No. But it's so easy to guess. The two of you weren't even talking to each other during practice. Most of the time, the two of you would be inseparable."

" 'Inseparable' you say..."

"Well, having a fight once in awhile is healthy and all, but don't let it affect the match, today's opponents are going to be a pain to deal with." Said Otsubo who was kind of silent the past few seconds.

"Yea, if you let it affect the match..." Miyaji's face suddenly turned black (and yandere-ish) "I'll kill you two."

"Uh- ahaha... We won't, we won't." Takao knew that Miyaji-senpai wasn't kidding. He'd borrow a pineapple - not that anyone knew why it's pineapple and not some other deadlier fruit - and throw a fit.

Miyaji then walked forward, reached out and gave the green head a light hit. "You too."

They walked towards their destinated waiting rooms and started to get ready for their match with kirisaki daiichi. It's definitely going to be a tough game. Kirisaki daiichi is known for their smooth foul play; many, if not all, of the teams who played a match with them never escaped uninjured. To think that Takao has to play against them when he is injured; this might turn ugly.

While they were packing their things into the lockers, Midorima passed Takao the roll of bandage. Takao was surprised - after all they hadn't yet make up, and things were still awkward - which left him staring at Midorima with a raised eyebrow. "What's this for Shin-chan?"

"L-lu-.... Just take it!" Midorima was too embarrassed to say that it was Takao's lucky item. He thought that it would be better if he gave it to Takao before the match started for the full effect. But he didn't need to say it, because Takao already knew - in that instant when he saw the frantic Midorima - that it was his lucky item.

That put a smile on his face. He knew that the past few days, those weird items underneath his table were put there by Shin-chan, and that they were all Scorpio's lucky item for the day. "Thanks, Shin-chan," Takao thanked Midorima. As he took the bandage off this hands, Takao's hands brushed against Midorima's and Takao could feel the sweat from his palms. He was definitely nervous about passing me this lucky item.

Takao's roaring laughter filled the silent room, making every head turn to their direction. "Takao!! You-!!" Midorima was just too embarrassed to think of a comeback, as he felt this body warmed up, turning his face red with embarrassment. As many members went to ask what was wrong, Takao just cuddled his stomach and waved them away, saying that it was nothing. Takao just found it really funny as to how much of a stiff person Midorima could be, and just like that, in an instant, all awkwardness left the two of them, and they were back to normal.