Chapter 2

"A ninja?" Nya laughed a little. "You won't find anyone like that around these parts. Just farmers and a crazy blacksmith."

"I am afraid I don't have much time to explain." The old man stroked his beard before speaking. "My name is Wu. I was an old ally of your parents. I know where your brother is, but you must come with me to prepare first."

Nya blinked in shock- she hadn't seen her older brother in nearly a decade. "S-Slow down, sir- wait, you know where Kai is?" She teared up a bit. "But how do you know him? Or my parents? Or me, for that matter? Who are you?"

Wu chuckled a bit. "Perhaps you should slow down, Nya. I was friends with your parents for a long time, and we fought in many battles together." He stroked his beard again. "I remember meeting you and Kai when you were very young. And I know Kai is in danger because he is with my brother, Lord Garmadon, ruler of the underworld." Wu sighed heavily. "That is a long story, but I'm sure you want to know more about your brother's whereabouts, instead."

"Of course! I-If you don't mind.."

Wu nodded. "He was kidnapped by my brother's army of skeletons long ago. I only heard of the kidnapping recently, and when I discovered you still existed, I knew I had to come here right away and inform you."

"Um.. Define 'still existed'?"

"We were all under the assumption you, Kai, and your parents were murdered years ago." Wu knit his brows. "Thankfully that was not entirely the case."

"Oh.. Continue?"

"My brother is corrupt and vows to create Ninjago in his own image. Your brother contains the elemental power of fire, passed down from your father. If Garmadon gets his hands on that power, then we are at a great disadvantage."

"Elemental power from my father..?"

"He was one of the original masters of Fire. You too, Nya, possess the power of Water, passed down from your mother. I can sense it." Wu tapped her shoulder with his staff. "That is why I need you to come with me. Train and harness your element, Nya, and together we can save your brother."

"Me.. A ninja of water?" Nya looked around at the shop. "But how can I trust you?" She asked, narrowing her eyes at him.

"There is a map of the four golden weapons that my father used to create Ninjago. I gave it to your father before you were born. He hid it somewhere in the shop. Find that, and I'm sure you'll understand my intentions, then."

"Four golden-"

A crash outside interrupted Nya, followed by multiple screams.