Chapter 23 - At The Gala

Start from the beginning

"Thank you." I smile graciously to the tall, hybrid creature.

"I thought you promised to use your chaotic magic for good instead of evil." Rainbow says to Discord with a raised eyebrow and a smirk.

"Why, of course I am!" Discord claims with a smirk matching with Rainbow Dash's.  "I'm just doing these poor, dull saps a favor by livening up this party, that's all!  Besides, what I'm doing here tonight is practically harmless compared to what you and your friends pulled off the last time you were at the Gala!"

Rainbow laughs nervously before mumble to herself embarrassingly, "Don't remind me."

"So, Rainbow Dash, aren't you going to introduce me to your friend here?" Discord asks of her.

"Oh, sure!" she begins to introduce me to Discord.  "Ford Mustang, this is Discord!  He's... a bit loopy, but he can be a pretty fun guy sometimes!"

"It's very nice to meet you, Discord." I extend a hoof, and he, in surprise chivalry, shakes my hoof.

"Ford Mustang, huh?" Discord comments.  "So, this is the unmarked pony I've heard so much about from the Princesses."

"Yeah, I know." I brush it off with a smile.  "It's a bit strange for a pony for like me to not have a Cutie Mark, isn't it?"

"Strange, huh?" Discord says with confounding look on his face.  "Ford, in case you haven't notice, I am a reformed villain that consists of nearly every basic animal in the kingdom with powers that can bend fabric of reality itself!  To me, anything that is considered strange is just plain normal to me!"

"Well, I don't think you're that strange, Discord." I respond casually with a smile.  "You're pretty an interesting guy once ponies get to know you better.  Plus, you have a wicked sense of humor!"

Truth be told, Discord is my favorite villain (scratch that, ex-villain) in the series I've watched.  I've enjoy how charismatic and witty he is as a character.  Discord stares at me speechlessly before breaking into a wide grin.

"You know, I like you, Ford Mustang." he smiles at me.  "And for being such a good sport, I'm gonna try something that might help you get your Cutie Mark!"  I stare blankly at Discord before snapping back into reality.

"R-r-really?" I flabbergast before showing an optimistic smile.  "You can do that for me?!"

"Why of course I can!" he boasts grinningly.  "To me, it should be as simple as a snap!"

And with a snap of his clawed fingers, a flash of white light illuminates on my flank.  I glee anxiously as I couldn't wait to see what it is.  At last, the magical light dies down as I finally get to look at my new Cutie Mark.  And it's... a corporate logo of the Ford Motor Company?

"What the--?!" I exclaim puzzlingly as I see the cursive trademark signature of my own name.

"Why would you have your own name as your Cutie Mark?"  Rainbow Dash asks me in confusion as well.  I shrug in response as both of us look back at Discord.

"Oopsie!" Discord says with an uneasy smile as he gingerly presses his index fingers together.  "Let's... pick something else that doesn't involve copyright infringement, shall we?"