Chapter 23 - At The Gala

En başından başla

"So, what should we do first?" I ask Rainbow.

"How about we get something to eat?" she suggests.  I nod to her answer as we approach one of the tables to sample their delicious treats.

"Would you care for chocolate truffle, sir?" a waiter offers to me out of nowhere.  I am startled by the sudden appearance of this tan-colored pony with the grey mane and goatee.  But then, I look at his platter as it displays scrumptious-looking candies right in front of me.

"Ah, thank you, kind sir!" I say to the waiter politely as I accept one of his offerings.

Then, I pop the truffle into my mouth as I chew with delight to savor the milky, chocolaty goodness.  There is even a filling in this truffle.  It tastes like it has a sweet cinnamon flavor to it.  Suddenly, the cinnamon starts to tingle my tongue intensely.  I swallow what's left, but that did little to cease the intense spiciness of the candy I was eating.  Oh geez, now it's burning my taste buds!

"Ford, what's wrong?"  Rainbow Dash asks concernly as she notices how puckered-up my sweating, hot face is.  Eventually, I couldn't take it anymore.

"HOT! HOT!  HOOOOOOT!!"  I exclaim in distress as I rapidly inhale as much cool air as possible.

"Care for a glass, sir?" the same, mysterious waiter inquires as he offers a tall glass of ice-cold water this time.

"Oh, thank you!  Thank you!" I pant greatly as I gratefully reach for the only means to my salvation.
At once, I close my eyes as I tilt the glass to allow the refreshing water to sooth my irritating mouth.  I wait for a few seconds, but nothing has quenched my desperate thirst yet.  I open my eyes to see what's the matter, and to my surprise, I not only see the slanted body of water not moving at all, but I also see glass itself disappearing right before my very eyes!

"What the...?" I puzzle in shock.  And after the glass vanishes out of sight...

SPLASH!

The water that was floating right above my face douses me immensely.  I am completely soaked to the bone.  Rainbow tries to stifle her laughing, while I on the other hoof just simply smirk at myself.

Then, we hear a sinister snickering from the waiter next to us.  Suddenly, the cackling server places a hoof on his face as we see a zipper being pulled down.  Rainbow and I gasp in shock as we see the true identity of our trickster: Discord!

"Ahh, that never gets old!" the oriental dragon-like prankster wipes a tear after finishing his uproarious laugh.

"Discord!" Rainbow softly scolds Discord with a smirk.

"Well, it was just a glass I was offering after all." Discord responds innocently.

Rainbow Dash shakes her head while still bearing a smile.  But then, she notices how I am in desperate need to cool my poor tongue off.  So, she fetches me some refreshing punch nearby and hands it to me swiftly.  I gratefully take the cup and finally cool my mouth.

I sigh in relief before saying to Rainbow with gratitude, "Thanks."

"Here..." Discord gets my attention as he plucks the plushy ball of fur from the tip of his tail.  "Allow me!" he insists before wipe my face briskly with his tailpiece.  Surprisingly, my face is completely dry right now.