Chapter 2

Two o'clock was soon approaching. The boys were in Alex's office, cigar and cigarette smoke filled the room.

"I'm saying we attack from under. Joey's got the hookup on explosives." Matt's trying to get their attention, but it isn't working well.

"We go under the building from in the sewers and blow it up?" O'Malley shakes his head. "The building would collapse. We could end up blowing ourselves up as well. Forget about it."

"Then how else are we going to get in there? That place is loaded with pigs." Matt taps his cigar on the edge of the ashtray.

"Albert, didn't you say you got the grease to get them out of there?" Jamie pipes up, looking across the table.

"Yeah I do, and Nikolai knows the Deputy Chief. He's corrupt as hell." Albert says before downing his whiskey.

"We can bribe Deputy Chief Nelson, he'll have his rookies leave the building and tell the security guards to scram." Nikolai smirks, arms crossed.

"Got that figured out. Now how the hell are we going to get in?" O'Malley looks around for another liquor bottle, just as Isabella walks in.

She's carrying a crate of bottles and sets it down on the floor, picking them up and placing them on the table behind the glasses and ice.

Alex walks over to her, putting his hands on her waist. "M'love, thank you. You seen Miles?" He whispers in her ear, kissing her neck.

She smiles, but shakes her head. "Nope. I thought he was up here with you guys." She turns around to face him, kissing his nose.

"We gotta start without him, there's too much to cover and the boys have work to do tonight." Julian says sits next to the head of the table, opening his files.

"Ah. Well send him up if you see him." Alex says to Isabella, and she nods and exits the meeting room.

He pours himself a glass and takes his seat at the head of the table.

"Our shake down report is high this week. Helders and I retained $400,000 from Mr. Belloni himself. He won't be coming back for it either, I told him I knew which high school his daughter goes to." Julian smirked.

"Fantastic, Jules. Have we figured out our way of entrance into The Spades' bank of choice yet?" Alex said and lit himself a cigarette.

The meeting continued on, Julian being the keeper of the important information, filling everyone in. Missions were given accordingly to each man by Alex. It was a normal meeting, they had them every two weeks. The mob was doing better than ever, and would be at it's highest point by the time they enacted their heist on the Spades' bank.

By the time it was over, the boys had all started goofing off, except for Julian who tisked at Alex. "I told you he wouldn't be a standup guy."

Alex sighed, knowing this was about Miles' absence. "I'm trying to prove you wrong on that one, Jules. He's not making it easy though."

______________________________________________________________________________

His head hurt like a bitch. No it was worse than a bitch, it hurt like a bitch's mother.

When Miles opened his eyes, they were blurry and watery. His hair stuck to his forehead from sweat and he couldn't move. His wrists were still binded between him, with chains this time instead of rope, as well as his ankles. And there was duct tape on his mouth, leaving him breathing from his nose.

He looked up to see a sly smile from a man in front of him. "Ah, the wiseguy's awake."

Miles swallowed, seeing two other men approaching from behind the first one.

"Do we whack him?" One of them said.

"Nah, we're keeping him on ice. Capo said to just rough him up." The other one said.

And with that, Miles only had a second for his eyes to go wide before they were knocked shut once again, the man in front of him clocking him on the side of his head with brass knuckles.