Chapter 7

OK, so I am really sorry guys. It has been so busy for me bc i'm applying for high schools, I have girl scouts stuff, I've been studying for the ISEE, and lots of other stuff. But anyways, here I am!On a side note, if you listen to King Falls AM, I will love you for life! its my fave podcast!!! So comment down below if you do and lets start a lyric chain!!! THIS YEAR IT'S PRETTY CLEAR ALL WILL BE JINGLE BELLS! Anyways. After that fangirling moment... :) If you haven't heard of her, you should definitely check out KatrinaCHeathers story Howl of the Moon. It's an amazing Remus Lupin fanfiction!! She's about 4 chapters in, and I think it is just getting better and better! So yeah. Also, for the new character in this, he is in his 40s, I did a bunch of math to figure it out. Hope you like this chapter!And also, YOU GOT THIS STORY TO 1K READS!!!!!!!THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!I CANNOT SAY THAT ENOUGH!!Y'ALL ARE AMAZING AND I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!XOXOXO,

-deathlyhallows777

But as the voices of the marauders came closer, Kat could tell they weren't looking for her. They were talking in soothing hushed tones, and surprisingly, Remus was at the center of it.

"It's ok Remus, we'll be there soon," James said softly.

"Yeah we're only a bit away" Sirius said. "Hang in there, mate." Remus was struggling, and Kat could tell how pale he was in the soft glow of the moon. But suddenly his head snapped up, and an odd whitish glint shone in his eye. James cursed under his breath.

"We have to change, guys. We can't wait until the shack." As Kat looked on in awe, the marauders changed into a stag, a rat, and a dog. But Remus...what was wrong with him? He was stretching, thinning. His bones snapped,and he yelled in pain. But it soon changed to a howl, a long, lonely howl that shattered the thin air. He sniffed the ground, now a terrifying beast. A werewolf. Kat closed her eyes tight, and then opened them again, hoping she had been wrong. But there he was. still. A creature that scared her beyond her wildest dreams. Her father had made her afraid of werewolves. He was one. And every moon, her mother would take her outside and her father would circle her, snap at her, rake her with his claws. It was horrible. It was the worst form of torture she had ever known an the fear had been unbearable. But now it was worse. She didn't know what Remus would do, or if If he would do anything. She wanted to run, but she could barely stand, let alone walk. She was out of options. She would just have to wait this one out and hope Remus wouldn't notice her.

She carefully changed into her animagus and waited. Her heart was beating out of her chest as Remus turned in the other direction, sniffing. But then, he turned around, his eyes wild. Kat tensed as he came closer and closer. She realized she was whining ,maybe out of fear or pain or whatever. Suddenly Remus bounded towards her, snarling. Kat turned away, shaking, and braced for the worst. But suddenly she felt a soft tongue gently lick her. She turned back around to see the werewolf looking at her, almost curiously. He wasn't going to hurt her. He gently nestled down in the soft grass, shielding her with his body. He seemed content to go to sleep beside her, so Kat closed her eyes too, feeling a rush of tiredness overtake her. She gently laid her head down and immediately fell asleep, cuddled into Remus.

&^&^&^&^&

Kat awoke and yawned, her body aching. Where was she? This wasn't the warm, comfy mattress she was used to. This was...grass? What? Suddenly the memories came back to Kat, and she jolted, realizing she was in her human form. She concentrated hard, and soon felt the familiar tug. She laid back down, her head on her paws. She'd just have to wait for Remus to wake up and leave. She gently nudged him with her tail, and the boy awoke with a start. Kat could see dark circles under his eyes, and felt bad for rousing him. The poor boy did need sleep. Remus blinked sleepily at her for a second before sitting up, wincing in pain.

"Aren't you Lily's pet?" Remus asked, confused. He glanced at her for another long second, and then realized how injured she was. His soft eyes clouded with worry. "Did I do this to you?" Kat unsteadily got up and placed her head on Remus' knee. She gave a small, but almost imperceptible shake of her head. Remus inhaled sharply. "Can you understand me?" Kat gave another small nod. Remus looked at her for another long second before picking her up, gently cradling her in his arms. He scratched her head, probably the only part of her that wasn't cut. He slowly went down to he neck, but accidentally touched a cut. Kat yelped in pain, and Remus winced. "Sorry about that." He started up to the castle, and Kat relaxed. He didn't know who she was. Not yet at least. He slipped into the crowd easily, and no one seemed to notice that he had a very injured fox in his hands.

He seemed to know where he was going, and walked quickly towards a large hut at the edge of the forest. He knocked on the door, and a burly man answered. He looked like he was in his 40s, and his face brightened when he saw Remus.

"Remus!How're you doing?"

"Hagrid, I need a favor. This fox is injured, and i'm not sure what happened to him. He needs some medical attention." Hagrid peered down at Kat, and his face softened.

"Well hello there. I'm Hagrid." Kat gently licked his arm, and he laughed softly. He ushered Remus inside, and set a kettle on the stove. He rummaged through some stuff, and eventually found a large bottle of soap. He squirted some into a bowl and put some water into it, then took a small cloth and dabbed at Kat's wounds. It burned horribly, and Kat yelped in pain. Hagrid murmured comfortingly to her as he continued, and soon he was done. He wrapped bandages around the bigger wounds, and then handed her back to Remus. "That's all I can do for now. She's got to heal on her own."

"She?" Remus looked confused. Hagrid nodded.

"It's a she all right. You can tell because the females have slightly smaller builds than the males do." Remus paused for a second, but then stood back up.

"I've got to go, Hagrid."

"Ok." Hagrid looked almost sad for a moment, but then he asked "Tea later this week?I'll bake some rockcakes for ya." Remus smiled.

"Sure, Hagrid. Anytime." He stepped outside, and murmured to Kat.

"We're going to get you back home."